Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Book Help!

Default Need Book Help!

I have not scrapbooked for a LOOOOOONG time. In fact, the last thing in my girls' books is spring of 2004. I need desperately to get caught up. I rearranged my office today, brought in a table to start spreading everything out, and went through all of my old stuff. While it looks like I had just started a new book for Jillian, Cassie's first book is now full.

So I need to start ordering new books. I've only ever ordered from Creative Memories before and all of their books have their own special kind of binding. I'm looking on line and seeing "post bound" and D Rings and all kinds of stuff. Help!! I have no clue what I should be getting!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I've always used the post bound because you can expand it. I am not a binder fan so I've stayed away from anything close to it.
    Sunshine Rewards

I would go with post bound. Cate is right, you can add posts and make the book bigger to enlarge it if you want to. Size depends on how many pictures you want to put on each page and how much embellishment you want to do. You can often find specials on post bound books if you look around. I am not sure if Wal Mart sells scrapbooking things online, but I have gotten several of my basic books there (in store), so you could check them out. You can spend tons of money just on the book itself, and I have found that the books themselves are all about the same, with the exception of Crative Memories, which I love...but they are a little too pricey for me. I just recently finished my Disney 2009 book that was a pre-decorated book...it made things much faster, but I did still add my own embellishments too, so that is another option as well. The books are more expensive, but they go quicker.

Have fun.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I bought my last round of books at JoAnn's through SR when they had a scrapbook sale. I want to say it was around this time last year. I'm sure you can check my history and figure it out LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

Yes. That looks good. I now remember what my old roommate use to call it - strap-hinged. Also look for that keyword.
    Sunshine Rewards

That's a pretty good price for the books.
    Sunshine Rewards

You sound like me. I'm on a mission to get caught up this Summer. I bought a ton of them from Joann's last month during their Scrapbook sale. They had over 50% off. I think I bought about 10-15 books. They were adorable. I, too, like the post bound, but the binder rings look pretty good as well, but I haven't tried those yet.

Good luck. And happy scrapping!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    You sound like me. I'm on a mission to get caught up this Summer. I bought a ton of them from Joann's last month during their Scrapbook sale. They had over 50% off. I think I bought about 10-15 books. They were adorable. I, too, like the post bound, but the binder rings look pretty good as well, but I haven't tried those yet.

Good luck. And happy scrapping!
    Which books did you buy at Joann's?

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Which books did you buy at Joann's?
    I'll get that list for, but it'll take a minute. Hold on. LOL. I also bought a lot of them from HSN during scrapbooking month. They have just about the same ones as Joann's but the regular price is higher. You have to catch them on sale.

Let me get my list.
    Sunshine Rewards