Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yak and Yeti Update

Default Yak and Yeti Update

My source tells me that they have been working really hard to open Y & Y and it should be open very soon!! We leave to go to WDW on November 8th and it should be open by that time! It may even be open now!!

Just wanted to keep everybody up to date.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    My source tells me that they have been working really hard to open Y & Y and it should be open very soon!! We leave to go to WDW on November 8th and it should be open by that time! It may even be open now!!

Just wanted to keep everybody up to date.
    Thanks for the update!! We were so bummed that it wasn't ready on our trip this year!

I want to know what the menu is and if they are going to take the ddp?? Can't wait to find out!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I hope you get to eat at the yak and yeti and then can tell us all about it....
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

where did you hear this from..................we head there Nov. 9th to the 16th and would love to have that option at AK. My fingers are crossed for the opening!!!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

It didn't look like it was open yet while we were there. But it looks like it is going to be in an awesome location!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I have inside information and I cannot reveal my sources. Sorry, if I told you, I'd have to kill you!! I've been sworn to secrecy!!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    I have inside information and I cannot reveal my sources. Sorry, if I told you, I'd have to kill you!! I've been sworn to secrecy!!
    What a tease. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

As of last weekend, the window casings weren't in and the upper level is totally open with no roof. Now, maybe that is how they plan to finish off the building (with no roof on the top floor and open windows)...but, it sure looks like they have quite a way to go to make an early November opening??

Has anybody tried to book a reservation for this place yet?

Quote Originally Posted by shades99 View Post
    Has anybody tried to book a reservation for this place yet?
    I asked last week when I saw the menu posted on the DIS. You can make reservations beginning December 3. So I now have an alarm on my outlook calendar as well as my cell phone to get up early (think CRT ressies!) and call them. I rearranged a few things to fit it in for lunch on AK day... I'm very excited about it!!

Just got back late last night and Yak and Yeti and the counter service part of it are officially open!!! We ate at the counter service part on its opening day, Wednesday, I think we were the 10th customer...........the counter service part has kung pao beef, shrimp lo mein, crispy honey chicken, pork rolls, fried rice and the kids menu was pretty typical for disney. All of the adult meals come with white sticky rice and are in cute take out chinese style containers. I got the crispy chicken and my ex got the kung pao beef. Both were good. I will do a food/dining report soon!

Looked really quickly at Yak and Yeti sit down, but don't remember the menu....I would call and get your reservations now!!! Since the food options at AK are limited I am sure they will book up fast.

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards