Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yak and Yeti Update

Thanks Sounds Very Yummy!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Hi - we just got back last night! What an awesome vacation!! More on that later. We ate at Yak and Yeti on Thursday. We did the table service - it was awesome!! I had Chicken Lo Mein - very good with a ton of chicken. You could also get it with shrimp instead of chicken. My brother-in-law had the Pho with shrimp which is glass noodles in a broth - again a ton of shrimp. He said it was good! His friend had the Mahi Mahi - when it arrived we all thought it was a deep fried piece of cod with ketsup over it, but it wasn't - it was breaded but not deep fried and the red sauce was really good - we couldn't figure out exactly what it was - but he really enjoyed it!! DD had a kid's meal - I can't remember what it was. All in all, it was extremely good!!

As a PP posted - they are not taking reservations until December but I think that they are for January. The cast member I talked to said that they weren't taking any reservations until January.

It was nice to have a table service restaurant at AK. But I still love going to Flame Tree Barbeque, so I don't know if Yak & Yeti will replace that for me.

They have a ton of kinks to work out. When we went to the sign in stand - they told us 25-30 minute wait "but don't go far - it could be a lot sooner." And it was - 15 minutes max. But it was only their second day open.

The other thing they need to work out is the wait staff needs to know their menu a little better - I order a Tsing Tau beer and the waiter didn't know if they had it - they did, I saw it on the menu!

All in all - it was really nice but I don't know that it will be added to my favorites list.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    Hi - we just got back last night! What an awesome vacation!! More on that later. We ate at Yak and Yeti on Thursday. We did the table service - it was awesome!! I had Chicken Lo Mein - very good with a ton of chicken. You could also get it with shrimp instead of chicken. My brother-in-law had the Pho with shrimp which is glass noodles in a broth - again a ton of shrimp. He said it was good! His friend had the Mahi Mahi - when it arrived we all thought it was a deep fried piece of cod with ketsup over it, but it wasn't - it was breaded but not deep fried and the red sauce was really good - we couldn't figure out exactly what it was - but he really enjoyed it!! DD had a kid's meal - I can't remember what it was. All in all, it was extremely good!!

As a PP posted - they are not taking reservations until December but I think that they are for January. The cast member I talked to said that they weren't taking any reservations until January.

It was nice to have a table service restaurant at AK. But I still love going to Flame Tree Barbeque, so I don't know if Yak & Yeti will replace that for me.

They have a ton of kinks to work out. When we went to the sign in stand - they told us 25-30 minute wait "but don't go far - it could be a lot sooner." And it was - 15 minutes max. But it was only their second day open.

The other thing they need to work out is the wait staff needs to know their menu a little better - I order a Tsing Tau beer and the waiter didn't know if they had it - they did, I saw it on the menu!

All in all - it was really nice but I don't know that it will be added to my favorites list.
    Thanks for the review! I can't wait to make our reservations

ETA: Do either of you have photos of the food or the inside of the restaurant? How is the theming? Do you feel like you're in Asia?
    Last edited by 3dog2kidmom; 11-18-2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Questions!

Sorry - I don't have pictures. The theming is great. My DBIL's friend wanted to buy some of the masks and other items that they have around. The cast member he talked to, said that the guy who did the interior collected the stuff over the years. Most of it is real stuff.

The acostics in the room that we were in needed to be fixed - it was very loud. But my sources tell me they are aware of the problem and it's on the punch list!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

yak and yeti is on the dining plan.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

WOOT That is great news... and makes it even more a must try in the future....
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.