Thread: The stuff trips are made of

Default The stuff trips are made of

Two years ago I took my first trip to WDW, and it also happened to be my honeymoon. I went through our pictures last week and found some of the things that made the trip so special. What I noticed was that only some of the things were planned, and some were just Disney magic. (Some of these pictures are on Mouse Unlimited's Facebook page, but some aren't)

Part of the premium package included reserved viewing areas for Wishes and IllumiNations. We didn't make it to the viewing area for Wishes, but we watched IllumiNations from the Morocco boat landing while eating a snack from the Boulangerie.

Voices of Liberty! We love them! The rotunda was going through rehab, so they performed just outside the doors. They sang "Back Home Again in Indiana"

A nice couple volunteered to take our picture for us as they passed us on this little bridge in Italy. This kindness of strangers was definitely a magical moment

I can't be the only one who loves the Army Men! There was a whole troop performing. This was before Toy Story opened, so I don't know if they still perform in groups, and if they do, where?

We rode two main street vehicles, this one and the horse drawn cart, and I haven't been on one since! We were really lucky to catch both of these while they were running.

I love this picture of an empty Main Street while we wait to start the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We also won YoaMD Mickey ears at Muppets, which was the most amazing thing to me - I couldn't believe we won something just for walking into the show!

Okay, this isn't special, but I thought it was cool to find a picture of BLT still under construction

My first time horseback riding! Since I don't know anything about horses, it was a little scary, but my horse was pretty good and we made it back in one piece

I'd rather let someone else deal with the horse while I relax in the carriage! POR is a wonderful place for a carriage ride

And finally, our meet and greet with Mickey and Pluto for Disney Visa cardholders. I just loved how secretive the "bouncer" was - he wouldn't tell curious passersby a thing!

So...I just wanted to share with my fellow SR members the wonderful things which made our honeymoon so special. With four vacations under my belt, I forgot what made that first trip so magical for me. Looking back now I am reminded of how magical WDW is and how lucky we are to go back!

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Great pics!
    I love the shot of Illuminations. So far I haven't managed to catch the singers in the American pavillion so I'm hoping to see them this time.

Thanks for sharing!
    Sunshine Rewards

I like the pictures. I will be going to WDW for the 1st time next year and I am so excited

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are great!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Thanks for sharing your memories and magic with us! I am hoping to have some under our belt with our first family trip this fall!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Your pictures make me want to plan my next trip!!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards