Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SSI Survey Question

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Tricia posted a while back that SSI wil not work with FF. They rarely if ever credit. Actually SR is designed to be used with IE only. I realize that some things will work with other browsers but I have gotten the best results using only IE. I don't have any survey crediting issues using only IE. Try it for a week and see how it works.
    I hadn't read that. I used FF tonight for SSI and received credit on the hour. Weird.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I have taken several SSI surveys in FF and all have credited. Macs, the new ones, don't have IE anymore because there hasn't been an update for Macs is several years. The only choices I have are Safari and FF.
    Mary Lynn
    Proud to be SR member #6669

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

As I stated, everyone is more than welcome to attempt surveys using any browser they want to. I am just relaying the information I have and the fact that I have seen several people who have not been getting credit for SSI's using FF. If you guys are getting all of your SSI's through FF and want to continue then I see no problem with it. I was merely suggesting to those who use FF and don't get all of their credits that perhaps using IE instead would help them get more credits. I don't really know what else to say about the subject except that my intention is to help and perhaps explain some of the missing credits. If yours is not one of the missing credits then you are good to go and don't need my help! I have never used FF to do surveys so the information I have is coming from people who have used it (including Tricia). I believe her post said that she had attempted three SSI surveys and none had credited using FF but then the next credited fine using something different. Again, if this doesn't apply to you and you have no other alternative but to use FF or you are getting 100% of your SSI surveys using FF then there is no issue. Keep doing what your doing. I assume when people post about issues in the forum they are looking for advice on how to fix the problem or information on why they may be experiencing the issue. These are the reasons I have passed along the information about FF. I have nothing against FF and this is not an attempt to defame FF. I am simply trying to answer a post where a person what having an issue. Good luck!
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

FWIW here is a quote of the post by Tricia about the subject on 5/15 so I don't misquote her I notice I said three surveys and she said in this post two so I stand corrected on that matter:

"I'm using Firefox and have done two SSI and neither have credited. I don't ever have any trouble get credit for anything. So we must have something blocking those cookies somehow. I'll get with the SSI people on Monday and see if they can help us figure it out. It's odd because in general we are seeing a LOT of SSI credits. In fact, it's crediting at a higher percentage than most of the other surveys. I even had a quality control question buried in one of mine that I answered correctly."
    Sunshine Rewards

Thumbs down

I give up on SSI. Tried IE last night, ended up continually directed to the "flag page". Went to FF, complete part of a survey, directed to a different flag page. This morning, started with IE-directed to the flag page, then sorry no surveys. Next over to FF, guess what the flag page again. I have spent hours the past few weeks on SSI and maybe qualified for one survey. For me, SSI is a huge waste of time.

Glad some people are getting some credits, but not happening here.

FF did have an update recently and some of you that previously used it and got credits but do not now may have possibly updated which could be the reason that it quit working for you. Sometimes its just trial and error for whatever server you are using. If you repeatedly don't get credit for certain things using one server, then switch to another and try it, simple as that. Sometimes it could be the settings on your computer, your spyware, cleaners all that stuff in conjunction with your own computer that makes the difference.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.