Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Those of you earning Disney GC's for Disney Vacations...

Default Those of you earning Disney GC's for Disney Vacations...

I was wondering...I'm still sort of a "newbie" here at only 8 months and a measly $150ish. (though I DID take a break to give birth I blame my low earnings on that!) But anyway, for those of you earning Disney GC's for Disney vacations, do you wait and cash out in one big amount or do you collect smaller GC's along the way?

We're going at the end of Jan '11 and initially I was just planning on cashing out in Oct/Nov, but now I'm wondering if I should just start doing like $25-$50 GCs at a time or something? (this is mostly for spending $$ so I don't mind smaller GC's) It would be more fun and encouraging I think to just cash out more along the way, so is there any reason NOT to do that? What do you guys do?
    Married to my soul mate for 6 years. Mama to 3 in arms and 2 in heaven!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I have cashed out in the past at small cards and found it to be a pain in the butt to track which card had money left and how much. This time I am going for a $500 card! I am 1.01 away from $400 and we go in October so I know I will get there. I would suggest letting go until you are about 8 weeks out and then cash out for whatever you have. I am going to use my key to the kingdom card and a check register to track what I am charging to it and then I will pay off the room charges with the $500 gift card. Very easy. Last time I used 7 gift cards at $100 each to pay off the room and it took FOREVER to clear the charges at the counter. I keep my ticker to help me track my earnings and keep me excited!
    Sunshine Rewards

I know quite a few people who charge to their KTTW and then pay upon checkout...I guess I've always been too scared to do it. LOL Is there a way to track how much you've spent? Like can you request a printout each night at the front desk or something? Are there any fees or anything for charging to it?

i have to agree...i'd wait until vacation was about 8 weeks away, then cash out for as much as i could. i had 3 different GC last june on our wdw vacation, and it was a pain to keep up with which one i was using at the time, lol. however, in about 18 months, i had earned enough money on SR to pay for 7 days worth of food (including 3 TS meals) and i had $30.00 left over! good luck!

I agree- get the bigger card! All the little cards are a PITB to keep track of. One time I kept cashing out at $50 and $100 increments. When we got to the Boardwalk resort (staying DVC), I went to pay for our dining plan with the giftcards, and was so embarrassed cause it was sort of a big connundrum for the CM to apply my 10-12 gift cards towards the plan. So now I just try to have 1-2 bigger increment cards, with one going towards the dining plan, and 1 to cover 'incidentals' like souvenirs, booze, etc.

I plan on cashing out as soon as I get to $250 for my fall Disneyland trip....and then I'm gonna see how much I can earn in a year to go for our August 2011 WDW trip. With all these surveys, the sky is the limit!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I've gotten them in smaller amounts and it kind of keeps me motivated. Now, all that was BEFORE DGS was born... now that he's here, I'm having a time trying to figure out how to get anything! I'm going to keep at it though!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Last time we went to Disney I had a ton of $25 cards. Luckily my earnings were going towards paying for our vacation package and you can pay online with your Disney cards. If I had brought those down with me and tried to keep track of them I think I would have gone insane.

So I'd cash out for either $100 cards or higher unless you are going to use them to pay off a vacation package online.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I always go for the big one ($500). I don't like carrying multiple cards around and I also don't like paying the .40 additional charge to cash out for the lower denominations!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I always go for the big one ($500). I don't like carrying multiple cards around and I also don't like paying the .40 additional charge to cash out for the lower denominations!
    See that's what I was wondering...if there was a small fee or something. I've never cashed out before (nor have I really even looked around at the GC's LOL). So I wasn't sure.

I think I'll go somewhere in between. Maybe $50-$100 GC's (depending on how much I get). I'd like to give DD her own to use down there so I'll want a smaller one for that, but I think I'm going to *consider* using the KTTW to charge to if I can find more info on that...

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by elohcin76 View Post
    See that's what I was wondering...if there was a small fee or something. I've never cashed out before (nor have I really even looked around at the GC's LOL). So I wasn't sure.

I think I'll go somewhere in between. Maybe $50-$100 GC's (depending on how much I get). I'd like to give DD her own to use down there so I'll want a smaller one for that, but I think I'm going to *consider* using the KTTW to charge to if I can find more info on that...
    Actually it's .44 cents and it's for the stamp to mail it to you...the only ones that don't have the extra stamp charge are the $500, $600 and the SM $100 one.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES