Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy survey questions?!

Default Crazy survey questions?!

I love surveys. Sometimes,the questions are just weird! Without getting specific on brands, etc. what are some of the strangest questions you have gotten? Don't know if this is appropriate, as I've read that advertisers, etc. check forums. But I guess this can be constructive criticism!

Got one today....asked whether or not I saw office products as sexy! Really? are you kidding me? I'm also not a big fan of the questions that ask what personal characteristics products would have if they came to life. Not a psychologist, but I just think these are dumb!

what are the weird ones you have come across?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Mike and I have had some weird ones over the years. He recently took a survey on male grooming and it was hilarious because I was in the den watching tv and doing surveys and he was in the guest room playing XBox and all the sudden I just start reading out the statements in conversational question tones and he just went right along with it. Of course he knew it was for a survey but it was still funny.
    Sunshine Rewards

I find the ones that ask for my sexual orientation kind of odd! Especially when it doesn't really matter for the survey (or at least that's my perception!)
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

The questions that ask if an object would come to life as a person, what character traits would I attribute to it crack me up. Never thought to look at things that way!
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    The questions that ask if an object would come to life as a person, what character traits would I attribute to it crack me up. Never thought to look at things that way!
    It's the same for me, but it's more due to a comment someone once made on here. It cracks me up whenever I think of it, but I always start to look for "I would run screaming in the opposite direction" when I get the question about how much I would like a particular object if it came to life as a person.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I got one one time and dh was standing over my shoulder...I started lol'ing and he said what? They were asking which celebrity of a choice of several should grow facial hair. I don't spend large quantities of time pondering that!
    The ones that ask for the product to come to life and they preface it w/ let's try something different make me lol! It's not very different if we get asked that q all the time.
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

What day was yesterday, I always get it wrong and thrown off.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    It's the same for me, but it's more due to a comment someone once made on here. It cracks me up whenever I think of it, but I always start to look for "I would run screaming in the opposite direction" when I get the question about how much I would like a particular object if it came to life as a person.

Me too!!

Tonight I got a survey that asked me how much I smoke. I don't smoke and there wasn't an option or none of the above listed for that. I hadn't been asked if I smoked in any of the qualifying questions either. Weird I answered "I don't know"

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    Me too!!

Tonight I got a survey that asked me how much I smoke. I don't smoke and there wasn't an option or none of the above listed for that. I hadn't been asked if I smoked in any of the qualifying questions either. Weird I answered "I don't know"
    I have always had trouble with the "personal characteristics" of inanimate objects myself...

but I agree w/ you Kathie...It drives me crazy when a survey asks a question where there is no choice for your honest answer. I try to be very open and honest when I take surveys...so then give me enough choices so I can answer honestly, why don't you!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    I got one one time and dh was standing over my shoulder...I started lol'ing and he said what? They were asking which celebrity of a choice of several should grow facial hair. I don't spend large quantities of time pondering that!
    The ones that ask for the product to come to life and they preface it w/ let's try something different make me lol! It's not very different if we get asked that q all the time.
    I got that one too!! It was hilarious because i just can't picture people that way!

the human charactstics to objects is a bit bothersome to me too. the strangest survey I got was just a few days ago. I don't think we can go into detail, but it was a pretty personal adult survey and weather conditions. it made no sense at all.
    Jennifer -