Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PetCareRx Fraud

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I also participated in this free shipping but I spent about $5.00 and I actually talked to customer service that same day. I tried to make that order go through and I was having trouble. I actually told her I had a free shipping code and I was going through an awards site, she told me that she can't do anything on her end to help me except delete my order, which she did. I was successful in completing this order later in the day. Just thought you should know my story, if you need to deduct from my account, I will understand perfectly!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I'm really not sure what to do because it sounds like a lot of you like the company. And maybe if they understood that they did get a lot of good publicity (and repeat business) out of the offer, they would not look at it as "fraud" but rather a mistake. I've had good luck with them so far in our shopping section. The one credit that did not go through automatically, they credited for me.

Right now the third party advertiser is out the most. I negotiated with her to pay me the $8 for each of the bad leads. So I came out even and do not have to take back anyone's credits. She is out about $560 and deciding whether to do business with them anymore after this.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Tricia,
    I feel bad for the third party advertiser, but I am really glad to hear that it is not you who is out the $$. You do so much to make this site great, and you don't deserve a bad break like that. It still sounds like it was Pet care RX who made the error, and who should eat the loss.

Hope it all gets resolved!

Oh my goodness! I feel horrible too! I was also one of those who did a cheapie order, but honestly did not realize that I was breaking any rules! Well, I guess I really didn't break any rules, since they didn't state any! I despise when companies do things like this. If they wanted a minimum order, they should have stipulated a minimum order. If they didn't want coupons applied, they should have stipulated no coupons. To change the rules afterwards is just rotten and I don't understand how they can classify it as fraud.

I, too, was impressed by their fast shipping and did recommend them to my neighbor. I don't know if she placed an order, but I told her how impressed I was with their shipping. I was planning on shopping through them when I needed bird food but I'm stocked for a while right now.

I definitely will not be doing any more shopping with them, nor would I recommend them. I have a "never shop thru again" list, and they have now been added. And yes, I do hold a grudge! Speigel pulled a stunt like this probably 6 years ago that I never forgot about either!

I am so disappointed with PetCareRx's decision to deny the commissions. I spent $75 (heatworm meds for big dogs is expensive!) and they offered free shipping on orders over $35. But without the SR credit I would have gone to my vet who I trust and will match online prices.

I was planning on using them for most of my dog's meds. I got Buttons her flea and tick meds and TRIED to get her heart worm pills, but my vet would not cooperate. I spent like $40 and liked the service. I was going to use them exclusively instead of my vet. Maybe I will rethink that. I got free shipping because of the amount I spent, not because of a code, however, I would be willing to help with your losses. Of course right now I only have 99 cents (since the cash out), but you should not have to eat all of that $$. I feel that you have been SO good to us, that we do not mind AT ALL to pitch in with this issue!

Angela
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Since Iwork for a vet (by trade I am a surgical vet tech...see my pet connection on helpingmomsconnect.com )I can tell you that one of the reasons your vet will not cooperate with you buying heartworm meds from the online sites is because the companies will not guarantee some of the heartworm medications from some of the internet sites. Also, some of the flea products look exactly like the ones your vet sells, however, they aren't. They are made by independent companies across the ocean and are not as effective. I personally will not deal with PetCare Rx or recommending it.

I too did the free shipping code with a smaller order that day but since then I have placed another order for $24.99 plus shipping which never would have happened if I didn't get to try the service first - also my $24.99 order is a repeat every six weeks - maybe $25 doesn't sound like that much but in a year that is $225.00 just from one customer YOU brought to them. It's also pet medicine so I do not get credit from Sunshine or any other reward program so I can shop any place and I choose PetCareRx because they gave me the bonus and it worked well but I could use any online pet place or my vet. I never thought what I was doing was fraud but a good deal and it was nice to try the site, happen to like it and then order again. I won't now - I bet most of your members will show an aversion to PetCareRx.

Like all of your other posters so far said - take the credit back - we'd rather you did that then get in trouble or have any grief over this. You run a good honest company and I think that is how we are here as users of your site - good and honest. Heck 90% of us are just trying to earn a little extra vacation money by trying products and services along the way.
    Sunshine Rewards

I was thinking about this last night, and do remember buying a ball or something with free shipping. After I just said I didn't, I actually DID . I honestly do not remember where I bought it though. This site or another. Wherever it was, I just assumed since it was taking the shipping code because it was legit. It did get me to buy my pup's flea meds later, so they DID get more business because of it. I am sorry Tricia that I participated in something that has caused you some stress. I would have never thought of it as fraud.

Angela
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm still really torn about this. Part of me wants to contact PetCareRx directly to talk to them and explain what happened and how they really DID get a lot of new customers and word of mouth advertising out of it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs