Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children's Place

Default Children's Place

I don't know what their problem is, but they are apparently dropping us from their program.

A couple of months ago, they emailed us that they were reversing any transactions where anyone used a coupon code that was not posted for affiliates. I responded that we specifically tell our members not to use unauthorized codes and don't understand how they could call us "bad affiliates" because of a couple of transactions.

Out of the blue today, they emailed us saying that our "cost to sale ratio falls beyond affordability". I have absolutely no idea what this means except that they felt that they were not making enough money off the transactions that we were sending them.

I'm really disappointed in this because I bought ALL of my daughter's school clothes through them this year. 3 different shipments totally almost $400. I guess there was not enough profit in that for them.

I apologize that we are going to have to pull them from the site because I know that some of you shop through them regularly. I sent them a nasty letter, but I doubt that they will respond.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Man, that's stupid.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thats a shame Tricia because I know so many people use that site for shopping for their kids around here. Maybe it was a generic email they sent all affiliates?
    Sunshine Rewards

I know this may sound like a silly question but if we are going to use a coupon code that is not on SR should we NOT use the SR link when shopping? Does it get you in trouble?

I thought it was okay to try?? Is that not the case?
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

That's terrible, I was planning on purchasing my girls Christmas clothes from them again this year. I'd already checked out the new merchadise and was waiting until November 1st to place my order. Oh well, that's there lost! I just may stop shopping there altogther, and trust me, if we all stop shopping there, they will feel the pinch.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    I know this may sound like a silly question but if we are going to use a coupon code that is not on SR should we NOT use the SR link when shopping? Does it get you in trouble?

I thought it was okay to try?? Is that not the case?
    They are the ONLY merchant who has ever held it against us that someone tried to use a code. Most other merchants do one of two things 1) penalize you if you POST the code, or 2) just don't give you the commission. For some reason, Children's Place decided to allow the codes to go through and then penalize us by pulling the agreement altogether.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    They are the ONLY merchant who has ever held it against us that someone tried to use a code. Most other merchants do one of two things 1) penalize you if you POST the code, or 2) just don't give you the commission. For some reason, Children's Place decided to allow the codes to go through and then penalize us by pulling the agreement altogether.
    Okay, thanks for the clarification. I used a code on Disney shopping a few weeks ago and didn't get credit but I figured it was worth a try.

I would have felt really bad if it got you in trouble!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I guess I waited to long to order fro x-mas.

I don't get that, esp because children's place & disney shopping are owned by the same company. I work per diem at Children's Place (literally just once in a blue moon, in order to get the discounts at both stores), and so I don't shop online, but that stinks for those who do.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Sounds like they are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Maybe they don't realize how many customers they will turn off by this action. Guess they'll find out. If you are signed up to receive their emails, and/or registered on their site, it might behoove you to send an email or a letter to corporate stating your feelings regarding this issue.

I have done that with companies about other issues. One was the Reader's Digest. I've been a customer for 20+ years. My renewal notice came and it was 3 times the cost of a new subscription. I know they do that to get more subscribers but I emailed to ask if why they don't reward customers for loyalty it would be nice for me to get a discount once in a while. They responded that yes they appreciated my loyalty. They reduced my rate and gave me a free gift subscription.

Companies need to know what their customers want and they won't know if people don't tell them. Sqeaky wheel!!

Off the soap box now!

I'm sorry for those of you that shop there.
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 10-29-2007 at 03:38 PM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards