Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aggghhh! I'm sooooo glad WE'RE not like that!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default Aggghhh! I'm sooooo glad WE'RE not like that!

This week I'm in a very "Disney" mood! I want to start planning for our 2008 trip & I've been talking to a friend who just got back & I've been searching the SR Disney section & then I went over THERE and I'm so sick w/what I'm reading!

I used to spend a lot of time on the site. Like many of us, I found out about SR on the site. I learn a lot on the site. BUT (and I know I'm not the first to point this out, I just need to vent) it seems NO ONE is safe from posting ANYTHING over there! People jumping all over each other's opinions & not letting it go & just complaining & belittling (sp?) & no sense of humor & no respect period!

I just put myself through a horrible thread on tipping & the 2008 dining plan and I couldn't even finish the posts! There are 10 pgs...I stopped at 2! I know, I know...tipping & the dining plan are very HOT topics period, but my goodness! These people were relentless! The OP was just asking what people were thinking regarding table service & buffets since the tip will no longer be included in the DDP next year...innocent enough, right? NOT on there!

So I stopped reading & came over here! I feel like SR forums are so kind, gentle & innocent! I pray that we keep this respectful way of genuinely answering each other's posts that we have going here. I really appreciate all of your time and if you read &/or answer my posts, I'm thankful because I know we are all busy. And I'm just happy that Tricia started these forums so we can talk about our Disney & non-Disney things & be nice to each other!! Being nice to each other has caused many of us to find OTHER things in common...I know, I know....OTHER than Disney or SR...but it's true!

I feel like I just needed to hide behind my SR security blanket after reading that thread.

Thanks for letting me vent!
    Jen
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

I'm not sure which site you are referring to, but yes I totally understand! I used to post on another Disney site and everyone seemed so mean to everyone (that is unless you had been to a meet) so all the newbies were jumped all over for asking a question that had already been answered!

I love SR and the forums. I (like you) feel very safe and welcomed here
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I know. I only read/lurk on the hot topics in the Community Board because it makes me laugh/angered in a way (sad I know).

But yeah I'm tired of all the fighting over there and I'm only barely reading the budget area and community board. OMG did you happen to check the thread about someone sneaking a dog into one of the resorts. Talk about people getting all over one another for minding their own business instead of people breaking the rules.

on a side note I am liking disneyworldtrivia.com's forums for general disney stuff. They tend to be nicer in replies. I also like their sense of sarcasm in properly labeled threads. If you need a disney fix besides here then try there.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

[QUOTE=m 'n c;71539] OMG did you happen to check the thread about someone sneaking a dog into one of the resorts. Talk about people getting all over one another for minding their own business instead of people breaking the rules.
    [QUOTE]

YES! I did read the dog thread & I laughed...but there were plenty that weren't laughing! Did you see the thread w/photos of what people were wearing at the parks! Talk about NO SENSE OF HUMOR! My lord!

I'll hae to check out the trivia site!! Thanks! I've also lurked mousebuzz in the past, but not recently.

Thanks for understanding!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I really enjoy the SR community something that is just hard to find on the Very Large Boards!

Have fun Jen Planing for 2008, its always fun to plan, or dream, about disney!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Hey Jen - when are you going in 2008? September again?
    Sunshine Rewards

I SOOOOO agree. I used to spend a lot of time over there and now i do it when I need a particular answer. I love SR's forum!
    <Sunshine Rewards

I totally know what you mean. Last week, I read the most vile post I have ever read on the internet over there. For a place that is dedicated to "The Happiest Place on Earth", there sure are a lot of angry people there. I try to stay away from the community board, but will usually lurk to see what the new outrageous thread is. You will usually find me on the Budget Board. But, since SR forums came into existence, I spend much less time over there.

Totally understood. I hardly EVER go over there. It stresses me to read all the posts. People can be SOOO mean. I thought the reason for the DIS was to get Disney information. I read one post where someone asked a simple question about a parade or something. The VERY next post someone remarked how that question has been on before, and if they would take the time to READ you would find that answer. It was a newbie who asked the question on the DIS. I felt SOOOOO sorry for that person.

Why people cannot post an answer without being nasty is beyond me.

I pretty much look at the Budget Board only. I may start lurking around, but I usually stop after a few minutes because I get sick of the meanness.

SR is truly my place to vent, be excited to, ask questions to, etc., without the fear of being lashed out at. I appreciate that immensely!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

I am right there with all of you........use to spend most of my time over there on budget board and tips, but now I go there very rarely..........seems to have changed a lot over the years..............

pulling up my SR blanket to keep me cozy today on this chilly morning!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards