Thread: Amazon

Default Amazon

I know that we do not get any % back when shopping through Amazon... but is there any benefit to SR if we use the Amazon link in the shopping section? If so, I will make sure to use the link through SR. Just wondering......

Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Yes! The credits that Tricia gets through there go into the prize pot for games and contests.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks Janet! That's exactly what I wanted to hear!!! I used that link today and hopefully if others read this they will use it as well to help out the SR community!!!

Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Yes! The credits that Tricia gets through there go into the prize pot for games and contests.
    I asked this same question the other day, and Tricia said, No, she cannot track with Amazon. I asked if I made a purchase with Amazon, would I get a submission into the Cruise contest and she said no...I will go find my post and copy her response here. My original posts is titled Amazon and Cruise Contest and it's on the Contest page.

From Sunshinegirl-

I wish we could, but at this point, they do not give us the subids back to know who even makes the purchases through us. We *might* be able to do this with some of the other sites that we would like to add but cannot yet do incentives on (like Cafepress) because they do give us the subids back.
    Last edited by Alice28; 10-30-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: add response
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Thanks for the response- I must have missed the original post (bad me for not doing a search!)!! Well, I guess I figure that it won't hurt to go through the SR link anyway- just in case somewhere down the road they do offer incentives for SR!

Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

Amazon gives the rewards companies credit, they just don't allow the companies to give the *people* credit.

DH is on his second day back working at amazon, and after he's all settled in I'm going to have him track down the people who made that policy (Associates is, I believe, the group) and have him hound them until they let rewards sites give credit.

Well, except that would reduce the prize pot.

I still might have him talk to them.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks! As long as SR can benefit from going through the link on their site, I will do that regardless of whether I get anything back personally. It sounds like to me from what Janet said, that SR does get SOMETHING back from Amazon- just not something that can be passed on to the members. I'm just going to train myself to use the SR links if they are there- regardless of my individual earnings... anything to support SR is worth it!
    Last edited by disney_girl; 10-30-2007 at 08:09 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I like the contests and fun nights Tricia has with amazon prizes. Almost makes it worth while not to get it individualized. I like it going into a pot and having FUN!
    <Sunshine Rewards

I agree! The contests are fun- even if I haven't won yet- there's always next time!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    I like the contests and fun nights Tricia has with amazon prizes. Almost makes it worth while not to get it individualized. I like it going into a pot and having FUN!
    I figure it's funding that cruise I'm winning.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.