Thread: hotels.com and "welcome rewards"

Default hotels.com and "welcome rewards"

I use hotels.com quite a bit, and have just noticed that the link now shows the possibility of joining their Welcome Rewards program.

Does anyone know, if we join (create a hotels.com account) and use that program, will it negatively impact our Sunshine from hotels.com?

Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, I guess I'll find out.
    Sunshine Rewards

Hubby is being sent on another trip, just days after he gets home from this one. I have to book his hotel now, and can't wait to see if his current hotel credits (if the past tells the future, it would start pending the day he leaves on his long flight)...i booked this one after creating an account which puts you into the rewards program with hotels.com. All the other hotel stays there was no option I ever saw for an account, or for this welcome rewards program.

If Tricia and Cindy know, or if anyone else knows, I would LOVE to know asap!
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I don't think anyone knows for sure until someone tries it. You aren't being ignored I just don't think they know the answer. I wish I could tell you yes or no. I would say that if you want to make sure to get your credit then don't try it. If it is a short stay and small credit that you wouldn't mind losing then I say try it and see what happens. Then we will know for sure if it works. I sure hope it works for you! I know I hate missing out on even a penny but if the rewards program gets you some other lkind of benefit it might be worth it to try it out and see. I will say though that if the account gets you some sort of special rate or discount then I would bet that it wouldn't work in conjunction with cash back but that doesn't mean it definitely won't. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks, Janet.

FWIW, I asked again b/c plans had changed. I had just gone ahead and booked the trip (he just checked out of the hotel today) from the hotels account, which signs you up for *their* rewards program, never thinking he would be sent on another so soon.

He gets back from the midwest today, and leaves for Asia on the 6th. The hotel I'll book him next is the same hotel that pretty much got me to supermember this time all on its own... His stay isn't as long this time, but it's still not worth missing the Sunshine.

But when I first posted, Tricia was about to leave on her trip, so when things changed with hubby's trip plans, I was hoping that fresh eyes who might have already had the talk with hotels would see it!

Like I said, I'll pretty much know on the 6th if the stay booked with the account is going to credit, but he feels that booking a hotel while he's in the air is just a bit too late, LOL. I'm not risking it for the Asia trip, though.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Hopefully the first credit will come through early for you. Please let us know what happens so we can let other people know whether it works or not. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help!
    Sunshine Rewards

Most excellent news; the stay that I booked while using my hotels.com account is now pending! Woo!
    Sunshine Rewards