Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meyer Family Trip Report

Default Meyer Family Trip Report

I'm terrible about trip reports, but I am going to at least try to post some pictures on my Twitter account because it is easy. So you can follow me there. (whether or not you are a Twitter user).

http://www.twitter.com/sunshinetricia

Yesterday's picture was Hoop Dee Doo because it was the only thing that we did. We flew in on AirTran in the afternoon and came straight to the Wilderness Lodge in time to see an old dear friend (she was my neighbor growing up and just happened to be here today--haven't seen her in 8 years--THAT is Disney magic!!). Headed to Hoop Dee Doo for the first time. The girls really loved it. I thought it was fun. I especially liked that sangria was included in the price of the meal!!

How fun! We will be staying at the WL and AKL this October! how is it so far? We are considering hddr and mnsshp and a couple tours that my kids would be able to do (kids are 7 and 10) but can't really decide which way to go....my dh thinks the mnsshp is a waste and that we don't need to pay big $ to see critters in costume..... I told him the reason I am on here working my butt off on surveys is to have a little extra spending $ so we can do those things w/o worrying about it.
    How old are your girls? My dh is worried our kids will be bored.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

We haven't done mnsshp but we did the P&P party, last time. My girls were 101/2 and 13. They weren't bored, they had a blast. The youngest didn't want a costume, when I could have ordered it on line and saved $. But, once she got there and saw all the little girls in costumes, I could tell she did. We ended up buying a Jasmine costume that night, changing in the bathroom, and she was one happy princess. Not so much when I made her wear it at Halloween, tho. LOL

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Tricia, we are enjoying your pictures. We leave, tomorrow. Each time you post a new pic, I call the girls over to look at it. I didn't recognize SM, at first. Anna did, immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    How fun! We will be staying at the WL and AKL this October! how is it so far? We are considering hddr and mnsshp and a couple tours that my kids would be able to do (kids are 7 and 10) but can't really decide which way to go....my dh thinks the mnsshp is a waste and that we don't need to pay big $ to see critters in costume..... I told him the reason I am on here working my butt off on surveys is to have a little extra spending $ so we can do those things w/o worrying about it.
    How old are your girls? My dh is worried our kids will be bored.
    My girls are 7 and 9 and LOVE MNSSHP. We have gone at least 4 or 5 times. It's actually my favorite thing of the whole year. The parade is better, the fireworks are better, and the line rides (usually) move faster. I'm actually sad that this is the first year that we will not be doing it in awhile!

Sunday Report:

Sunday was supposed to be like a "bonus day" for us because we knew we would spend a lot of the day in my inlaws' motor home at Fort Wilderness watching the Indy 500. We started the day at EPCOT and did Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin', Spaceship Earth, and Living with the Land starting at Extra Magic Hours before it got too busy (all in about 2 hours). SE was just refurbished and the girls REALLY liked the interactive part at the end.

You can actually send email postcards to yourself with pictures of you at the end of the ride, so don't miss that!

Then we went to the camper for the afternoon and decided to try MK's Extra Magic Hours that night. It was PACKED!!!! I mean, absolutely packed even at 11pm. We were using the Disney Lines application on my phone and the crowd estimate was 10 of 10 (worst possible). I believe it. We did manage to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad three times in a row. Even though it made me sick. LOL! We ate dinner at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, which I had somehow always missed before. It was really cute!!

The highlight of the night was that the fireworks finale was going off the last time that we road Thunder Mountain. So as we came out the top and were overlooking the castle, HUGE fireworks were exploding over us. VERY COOL!!
    Last edited by SunshineGirl; 06-07-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Monday Report:

Monday was all Magic Kingdom. We headed over first thing in the morning and rode the new Space Mountain. I think it was almost the exact same except that they added a lot of interactive stuff to the queues. But we were on FastPass and didn't really see any of it. They now also take your picture but we didn't buy it because it isn't on PhotoPass.

The girls were NOT excited about Hall of Presidents but ended up liking it. The funniest thing was in the middle when they were talking about JFK and Jillian leaned over to me and said "He's the only good looking one." LOL! She's going to be a handful in a few years.

I promised that we would ride Splash Mountain and so we did. I took this picture from my phone about 5 seconds before the cannons went off and I got absolutely drenched!!!

We then came back to Wilderness Lodge for a couple of hours and the girls did the cookie making activity and looked for Hidden Mickeys.

Then dinner at Chef Mickey's (getting there right at 5 when they opened was very helpful!). After we got back here at 7 and played on the beach a bit, it started raining. So we headed back inside and picked up a copy of Haunted Mansion from the hotel and watched that. It was really cool after just riding Haunted Mansion because you could easily spot all of the quotes and images lifted from the movie.

The Contemporary has some great photo opportunities as well that we had never taken the time to do before.

After we got back here at 7 and played on the beach a bit, it started raining. So we headed back inside and picked up a copy of Haunted Mansion from the hotel and watched that. It was really cool after just riding Haunted Mansion because you could easily spot all of the quotes and images lifted from the movie.

We got a GREAT night's sleep (like 9 hours!) and are now headed to EPCOT for the day.
    Last edited by SunshineGirl; 06-07-2010 at 02:47 PM.

We did Magic Kingdom late hours one night and agree- it was so packed! We actually regretted going that night, but made the best of it. My kids LOVED the cookie making at WL- lol.
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I can't believe you had never done Cosmic Rays before!

Definately good to know how crowded those evening EMH can be. I'll plan to avoid them next week!
    Sunshine Rewards

Cosmic Ray's is one of our favorite counter service spots. The girls always want to know if we are going there, each trip.