Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meyer Family Trip Report

Friday was our last day to really live it up! We started at the Studios because I promised Cassie that she could ride Rockin' Roller Coaster. She loved it! We also managed to do Toy Story a couple more times plus Tower of Terror again. However, ToT was down most of the morning and only half of it was running by afternoon. In addition, it wasn't even really running right. Apparently they were half through switching it over to a new Summer Nightastic version and so we got a pretty crappy ride that day. The Backlot ride was also down.

For lunch we ate at the Backlot counter service. One of the most interesting things was that the Darth Vader meet and greet was right next to it so we could see Darth Vader the whole time that we were eating.

Which does bring me to an interesting point. It was a Star Wars weekend. We weren't into that stuff, but if you were, it would be awesome. They had many different things from different character meets to autograph signing. But it did make the park REALLY busy. Did you know that Goofy dresses as Darth Vader, Minnie as Leia and Mickey as a Jedi? We just happened to have them all walk past us but I didn't have my camera ready.

We went back to WL to rest before dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon. It wasn't as fun as usual and seemed really rushed. We got our appetizers and all of our food at the same time and they didn't really do the straw thing or the ketchup thing. They had one pony ride. Kind of lame compared to other times that we have gone, but the food was still really good.

For our last night, we headed back to MK for Extra Magic Hours. This is my favorite pic from there. They were clearly imitating me:

We stayed until past midnight and it was still REALLY packed. We decided to sit directly in front of the Castle this time for Wishes and did get some great pictures, even from my phone.

Last day! Saturday was our 11th wedding anniversary. We slept in and said goodbye to Wilderness Lodge:

Then we met up with Cindy and her husband at Rainforest in Downtown Disney. They took the kids and we headed to check in at the Polynesian. When I found out that they were debuting the Electrical Parade and Summer Nightastic Fireworks a night early, we decided to drop into Kona to eat early and then head into the MK for the evening. It was a good decision!

The Polynesian: I was a little surprised at how much everyone loves it and how much it costs. To me, it wasn't any nicer than Wilderness Lodge and didn't really have any more amenities. Though honestly, we didn't really make the most of it because we only spent one day there and we didn't have the kids with us. Kona was good for dinner. A little casual for our anniversary since we didn't dress up but it worked out well.

We camped out TWO HOURS before the parade started and were barely able to get good seats. If there had been 4 of us instead of 2, we wouldn't have been able to get as good of seats as what we did. I loved the parade except it seemed to be short and kind of end all of a sudden.

The fireworks were amazing and I was so glad that we stayed. Here is a full report on those from my blog (including a video of them):

Disney's Summer Nightastic Fireworks

I'll do a wrap-up post later about what worked and what didn't work this trip. We used a couple of new books, including a Hidden Mickey book and really had fun with it!

I the picture of Wishes!

So funny about the Dinosaur ride picture. I keep my eyes closed for pretty much the last half of the ride for two reasons. The first is that from my very first ride I've always closed my eyes about halfway through so I actually have no idea where the scary dinosaur happens. The second is that the whole last half is a little too intense for wussy me - it's still scary with my eyes closed though!

Sorry to hear the Poly wasn't all you hoped it would be I still want to stay there someday, but it probably won't be until there is DVC there, and that may never happen!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Great TR Tricia! Looks like you had a great trip!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Thanks for sharing. Your report and pictures make me more excited than I already was (if that is even possible) for our trip next week!
    Robin