Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meyer Family Trip Report

Enjoying the tr! Can't see the pics though...anyone else? or is it just me?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    I can't see them either...........

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
    I can't see them either...........

Laura
    they are on Twitter.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    they are on Twitter.
    ahhhhhhh, no wonder! I don't belong there. oh well.....I enjoy reading!
    Heather

Some of the pictures disappeared from Twitter. So I am going back in and adding them as I finish the report today.

Tuesday was devoted only to EPCOT. It was so hot out that we were really trying not to push ourselves too much. We started the day with Test Track and Soarin' (can't get enough of either of those) and hung out some in the interactive areas. Surprisingly, the kids really enjoyed the Recycling family "game." We took a family vote and settled on fish and chips for lunch. Because they have no kids meals, the girls just got to have what we were having. They loved it or were starving because they both ate it all!!

We did a few things in the World Showcase that we have never done before. We watched the American whatever it is called show. I liked it. The girls weren't entirely thrilled. What they did love was the Kim Possible experience. We actually ended up doing two of those (UK and Japan). It was neat to have the kids interact with the countries more than just making those little masks.

I found the Grand Marnier slushie stand and we all cooled off a bit.

We stayed until dinner and ate at Norway for the princess dinner. The food was just sort of okay, but we did get to see a lot of princesses. It would have been better for us about 2 years ago when BOTH of the girls were into the princesses and not just one of them. We saw Belle, Jasmine, Aurora, Cinderella, and Ariel. Aurora was very talkative but the others just took a quick picture and then moved on.

I think if it had not been so hot, we would have enjoyed EPCOT more. We just found ourselves running from place to place to get inside rides and buildings to keep from burning and melting! It ended up being over 95 degrees in the afternoon--not at all what I expected for June.

Daniel really enjoyed the Kim Possible experience too- we had never done that before. Like you said, it was fun and interesting to go more into the countries!
    Sunshine Rewards

Wednesday was our early day. I wanted to be at Animal Kingdom in time for Extra Magic Hours at 8. Thanks to some REALLY slow buses, we didn't make it. But we did manage to get there by about 8:15, so it wasn't too bad. I love to be there when it is coolest and the most animals are out on the safari. We only waited in line a few minutes and were not disappointed. The lion was closer up than I have ever seen before. Here's Cassie with a giraffe right behind her. We actually had to stop to let him cross the road.

The girls had never ridden Dinosaur, so we did that next--TWICE. I was scared to death! The pictures literally showed me with my eyes closed and my hands balled up into fists in front of my face. VERY scary. Kevin said afterward, "You do realize the dinosaurs are not real, right?" Yeah. I do. But they were still scary.

Next we did Expedition Everest. With a combination of waiting and fast passes, the kids and Kevin did it 3 times. Once was enough for me. And the Yeti didn't even come out at the end!!! This is my favorite picture of the trip. Cassie didn't want to slow down riding rides to have her picture taken:

We ate lunch at the Flametree Barbecue (one of THREE pulled pork sandwiches I had in a week). Our original intent was to stay in AK all day until our Boma dinner reservations. But it was hot and everyone was dragging. So the kids went with Kevin's parents back to the motorhome and Kevin and I went back to the room to take a nap. It took us almost 90 minutes to get back to Boma from Wilderness Lodge on the buses! But it was worth it. We loved the dinner (as usual). Jillian really liked the different food choices. Kevin said it was one of his favorite meals.

The best part? A Sunshine Reward member came and introduced herself to me! I'm sure you all know her because she is quite active here and has been for years. Here is a picture of Gay and me:

On a lark, we decided to head to Disney Studios, which I still call MGM. We rode Tower of Terror, Star Wars, and a few other things. But the highlight was the girls getting to ride Toy Story for the first time! We did have to wait about 50 minutes, but it was worth it. The downside? It was pouring raining when we came out. We finally made it to a bus and then the bus malfunctioned and we had to transfer buses.

Love the pics and report! More, more!! how did you like WL?
    Heather

Love the pics and report! More, more!! how did you like WL?
    We really love WL. Saratoga is our home but we always stay at WL. We've been considering trying Boardwalk next time but after so many years at WL, it truly feels like "home"!!

Thursday is already a blur to me. Can you believe it? We were initially supposed to do MK Extra Magic Hours in the morning but decided that everyone needed a relaxing morning instead. So we slept in late and then headed to EPCOT by vote of the family. We basically did some of the same things over again and had lunch at the American place in the World. Not real exciting but the food was okay and it was air conditioned. I think we rode Spaceship Earth for like the 5th time!!! The girls just loved that part at the end that you could customize.

For dinner we went to Ohana. It was the first time Kevin and the kids had been. There was SOOO much food and they only even came around with each kind of meat once! I was the only one who really loved the dessert though. 3 out of 4 adults had a Lapu Lapu.

We called it a night early because Friday was going to be our last big blowout day!