Thread: herbal medications

Default herbal medications

I don't know much about herbal meds but have been researching them for my dog which was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. I started him today on colidal silver and 4 herb tea. Has anyone had any experience with either of these?
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

No, but I hope it helps your dog. Is this herbal medicine only for dogs or can people take them also? I've been offered a lot of herbal meds but refused them all. I was just curious.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh ya, its for people too. They actually sent me some free herbal vitamins for spending so much. I'm thinking of drink the 4 herb tea for my lymes disease. i don't think it could hurt.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I don't know anything about the specific herbals you want to give your dog, but I think herbals, if taken properly, can be of great value. Just make sure you get them from a reputable outfit so that you get what you pay for. Keep us posted with the results.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Colloidal silver is good stuff, though I've only heard of it being used for yeast problems. specifically, that is...couldn't come up with another problem it would be used for, but I know there's a vast array of things it can help with. That sentence/thought is getting confusing.

What are the 4 herbs in the tea?

When I think prostate I think saw palmetto...have you looked into that herb?

Two books to think about. Search for ISBN "0761526730" on amazon (or barnes and noble's Advanced Search, or anywhere that lets you search by ISBN...take out the quotes, of course) for Natural Health Bible for Dogs & Cats, and ISBN "157954973X" for Dr. Pitcairn's New Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs and Cats. I *believe* that Pitcairn's book has a directory to vets who are open to "alternative" medicine, though I could be wrong (or they could have taken it out in this edition).

Good luck with your doggie!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thank you for that information. I have been researching everywhere and would like a good book. I am dealing with a company online called herbalhealers.com They have quite a good reputation and the dr seems quite knowledgeable and well educated.
    The colidal silver is a natural antibiotic and suppose to be great for healing and infections. I'm curious to see if his infection will be better by friday when I run another urinalysis compared to how bad it still was last week after months of antibiotics.
    The 4 herb tea is sheep sorrel, slippery elm bark,turkey rhubarb, burdock root. They have to boil for 10 min then steep for 12 hrs, then reboil for 10 min. They have to be stored in an amber bottle and can be kept refrigerated for only 2 weeks. There are quite a few drs that I have read that are using this for cancer treatment in people as well as animals. I have a friend that has a 12 yr old diabetic yorkie that was full of kidney and bladder stones. He was too ill for surgery. Hes been on this for 5 months and is now down to a couple little pieces of stones in his bladder. They are breaking up and he is passing them. She swears this helped one of her cancer rescues also. I'm willing to try anything.

I'm not familiar with herbal meds for animals, although I know they can be very effective in humans. My feeling is that God created a lot of things for our benefit that we don't take advantage of.

For humans, do your research before taking anything though because many herbs can interreact with prescription meds, I'm sure this would apply to pets too.

Right now the only herb I use regularly is Stevia, which is an herbal sweetener. Much safer than chemical sweeteners, and no calories or sugars so good for diabetics too. And it is available through several sites SR works with! Even better!

Hope the herbs are effective for your dog Cindy!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I have been MIA lately but wanted to pop in and let you know I am thinking of you and your fur baby. I hope the herbs help. (((HUGS)))

Tricia
    SunshineRewards