Thread: "Strategies" for Completing Offers?

Default "Strategies" for Completing Offers?

Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering whether anyone has any "strategies" for completing the various SR offers & raking in the credits. I know the one about using a specific email address just for offers in order to avoid junk mail / spam. And I know the one about using a gmail account to take advantage of the "dots". But beyond that:

• Do you complete all of the offers? (I have read that some folks avoid the ones where you have to pay upfront for something so I know that is one thing that certain people avoid) Is there something you avoid or something you always do?
    • Do you have any particular system for completing everything & making sure that you haven't already attempted or completed something?
    • How long do you keep offers in your pending file before you give them another try?

I think those are my "big" questions at the moment.

And another not-so-strategy question: do these offer items ever show up in your mail box? Like I remember doing an offer for a Chapstick something or other a while ago. Will I ever see that Chapstick? It's not a big deal either way, I'm just curious.

Thanks for helping a somewhat-newbie out! I want to be sure to maximize my credits so I'm still trying to learn the ropes.

As Tina Turner would say, "I like to take it slow, real slow..."

While doing the offers, I take my time, because if you rush you definitely want receive credit! They seem to like it when you spend a little time with them

Hope you earn a plenty!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I have a notebook and I write everything there. What the offer's name is, what email address I used, how many credits it was for. When things credit (if they credit) I check them off and add it to a running total. I use the same notebook (it's a ledger book) for shopping, scratchoff, paid clicks, etc.

For an offer like...the Boca Java offer, or something else where you pay shipping and get something, etc...I will do *some* of them. I won't do the ones that weird me out...two of the things that my radar went off on and I didn't do, later on were talked about by fellow SR people as not having gone well. I was glad I had that "alert" in my head about them, because I use a debit card and canNOT afford to have unknown, and sometimes unauthorized, charges being thrown at me.

You talk about a chapstick thing. Was that an "offer" where the first page is to vote for something..."do you like cherry chapstick or vanilla chapstick?" for instance? If so, no, you probably won't see chapstic in your mailbox. Those offers, you get the giftcard, or whatever, if you do all those "gold, silver, platinum" offers towards the end of the survey, and that usually involves $$ and even getting others to do them too, I've heard. But if it's one of those freebie signups, like SR has a walmart freebie page, then I'd expect those to show up eventually.

I was only keeping offers in "pending" for a few weeks, but recently I've been on hiatus from doing them (hiatus from making money, is another way to put it, LOL) and I think I need to clear that out. (Oh, and when I clear them out, I go through my notebook and cross out the offers that never credited)
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I would suggest checking out the Members Q&A section as there is a plethora of information and questions there from newbies.

I would say that I only do freebies, daily surveys, and shopping on here. I do not do trial offers (where you sign up for a trial period and get a higher payback) unless I am really really really really interested in them. Trying them out to get credits and cancelling them quickly without showing interest in the product is frowned upon so I just don't bother.

I will also say that it takes time to build a balance. Most people with high balances (I'm talking $500 +) in their signature made them over the course of a year or possibly more it was not in a month so I would not get discouraged if you don't make as much as others around here since you have just started doing things.
    Sunshine Rewards

I do the very same thing. It's so much easier to keep track of this way. I could use a database to keep track but it's much simpler to just write everything in a notebook as you're doing it. I also write down the website address of the offer I'm doing because sometimes you get sent a confirmation email and it isn't always the same name as the offer you are doing. I write the date and time I completed the offer too. I do a few offers and wait a while, then clear my cookies and do a few more. If you use multiple email addresses you can look at your notebook and see if certain email addresses credit more than others too. I am still learning and thanks to the people in the forum, things are getting easier for me now. Everyone here is great! Good luck with everything
    DEE

I clear cookies and all using my browser in the morning before doing any offers.

I keep an alphabetized list in a word file of the offers, when I did them and if I got credit.

Clear you spam email before doing offers, so you can easily see any emails you need to confirm.

Don't do too many offers in a day... pace yourself. I do a few in the morning... and a few in the evening.

Faith
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Thanks for the words of wisdom! I looked at the FAQ & new member-related threads before I made my post, but I was looking for more "real world" hints. Like what some of you have learned is the best way to do things. The notebook / MS Word hint is exactly what I was looking for. I'll keep that one in mind & may do that.

The Chapstick example I used was the first offer that popped into my head. I was thinking of this one:
    #892835 Paid Signup: Chapstick All Natural (MID) 0.35 Credits 09/20/2007 Paid
    But I don't remember too much about the specific offer, it was just an example.

Thanks for the hints! If anyone else has something, I'd still love to hear it!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

You most likely will not see the chapstick or any other prize that is advertised because there are usually large strings attached to receive these prizes such as complete X amount of gold, silver, platnium offers as well as getting other people to sign up under you (not for chapstick but say the $500 gc ones or win a free ipod).
    Sunshine Rewards

The biggest thing I do is keep an Excel spreadsheet with these column headings: Offer, What GPT site I did it on, Pays, Tokens, My Cost, Profit (a formula cell), and special instructions (in which I put the gmail e-mail address I used for that particular offer--I rotate the dots around and this helps me keep track).

That way when an offer comes up, I can do a search and find to see if I've already done the offer.

When an offer pays, I asterisk it.

HTH! Deb
    Sunshine Rewards