Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to have my ONE table service....

Default Where to have my ONE table service....

Hi all! Going August 3-11. Have the quick service dining plan (had it last year and loved it!)

Thinking about doing 1 sit-down meal during our trip. We really like counter service, but it is fun to do 1 or 2 "nicer" meals, or character meals, or something different.

We have done:

Sci Fi - we LOVED the theme. Very fun
    Cinderella Castle - my boys really liked the food and the family style
    Crystal Palace - My personal favorite since Eeyore is the best!
    Rainforest Cafe - This is my all time favorite for a non-disney place. LOVE theming
    The Dinosaur Place (like RFC) - very fun, but LOUD
    Chef Mickey - It was nice. Like the characaters
    Restarauntasaurus - did this 7 years ago. It was fun with characters.
    Liberty Tree Inn at MK - This was our least favorite
    Polynesian restaurant (for the SR meet) - VERY nice and fun. YUMMY!
    Planet Hollywood - Kids like this. Like the theme

Don't think I forgot anything. So...any other suggestions for the kids and me? Boys are 15 & 13. Bethany is 9 (will turn 10 on our trip).

Thought about the Luau. But heard lots of bad reviews. Only have about 60 days til our trip, so not sure about getting a good time. But...would love to hear your ideas! Thanks!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Hmmmm I think I would suggest Ohana or 50's Prime Time. The food is okay at both (some is fab) and there is some fun atmosphere and a family kind of feel. Ohana the food is served family style with the meat skewers being brought around. With 2 boys you might like the "all you can eat" kind of style. There is some fun going on with a bit of a hawain feel. Wait I think this is where you went for the SR meet so you know all about it.

Prime Time you order individual meals of the menu (some of it very yummy - love the fried chicken!). The big draw here is that you sit in what looks like a 50's kitchen/living area and your server is your cousin or aunt who isn't afraid to make you eat your veggies. Can be very fun if you play along.
    Sunshine Rewards

Here are the Table Service Restaurants we like to eat at:

Ohana - Polynesion
    Rose and Crown - England at Epcot
    California Grill - Contemporary
    Kona Cafe - Polynesian
    Flying Fish - Boardwalk

I am totally blanking on the rest of the places we eat - maybe it's been too long!!! Maybe instead of renewing our Annual Passes to Disneyland we should go to the World!!!

If I think of more - I'll post again!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Boma!! BEST breakfast on property! The food is awesome and the atmosphere cannot be beat. We always eat breakfast here on our departure day. Personally, we love the buffets and feel that we can really get our money's worth, but we hate to pay for the "entertainment". I think that Boma is the only buffet restaurant that does NOT have characters, which makes it cheaper. The dinner is good too, but breakfast is the best!

For dinner, my favorite is LeCellier, but I only eat there if I am on a dining plan. I just can't take the prices! We usually break up our DVC stay into 2 nights in a studio (with a dining plan) and 3 nights in a 1BR without a plan. That way, we can enjoy some of the pricier establishments on the DDP and save the leftovers for later in the week when we have a kitchen.

We also make Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex a must-do on our list because I always have gift cards from Landry's to use up.

Allears has menus that may help you decide.

My kids are younger than yours (5 and 9), but they really liked Ohana's character breakfast with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto.
    During lunch and dinner they have some antics at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge, which is fun.
    We love Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast and dinner. I've heard Tusker House at Animal Kingdom has a similar breakfast, plus you get Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy.
    Next time we go, before the kiddos get too old (but we're never too old), I'd love to go to Crystal Palace again!

We've gone during free dining, so we got to try all sorts of great places.

Since you have the quick service plan, you could drop into Captain Cook's at the Poly. They have Tonga Toast at breakfast and things like Hawaiian Flatbread pizza, Polynesian salad, stir-fried noodles, and Aloha pork sandwich for lunch and dinner. Of course, my favorite is getting pineapple Dole Whip there

Also, Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney is great for quick service!

Have fun planning!!!
    ShanPooh

Sunshine Rewards Member #6059

Our absolute 2 favorites are LeCelier and O'hana! But if you're paying out of pocket, Le Celier would be really pricey!

How about Teppan Edo in Japan for something different? They have the hibachi in front of you where the chef does his whole show while he's cooking your meal...our kids LOVED it! and so did we! Check it out on allears for some menu details and maybe a more thorough review! I wish I knew how to post pictures on here b/c the chef we had last month did this awesome scene out of food on our grill and posed with my daughter...too funny!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I love the quick service plan too. Last year my daughter and I did the Cape May Cafe clam bake buffet. It was good, lots of choices. I know that when my boys were teenagers, all you can eat was important! At our local chinese buffet he was asked to leave once because he ate too much! ( he didn't leave).

Quote Originally Posted by secretmoney View Post
    At our local chinese buffet he was asked to leave once because he ate too much! ( he didn't leave).
    "You go now! You been here four hour!" - John Pinette "Chinese Buffet"
    ShanPooh

Sunshine Rewards Member #6059

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    Boma!! BEST breakfast on property! The food is awesome and the atmosphere cannot be beat. We always eat breakfast here on our departure day. Personally, we love the buffets and feel that we can really get our money's worth, but we hate to pay for the "entertainment". I think that Boma is the only buffet restaurant that does NOT have characters, which makes it cheaper. The dinner is good too, but breakfast is the best!

For dinner, my favorite is LeCellier, but I only eat there if I am on a dining plan. I just can't take the prices! We usually break up our DVC stay into 2 nights in a studio (with a dining plan) and 3 nights in a 1BR without a plan. That way, we can enjoy some of the pricier establishments on the DDP and save the leftovers for later in the week when we have a kitchen.

We also make Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex a must-do on our list because I always have gift cards from Landry's to use up.
    Oooh! now that is an idea....since we won't be going into the parks our d day. How is the food? Is it very ethnic and spicy? My family does not do either. I am the ONLY adventurous one in the lot.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShanPooh View Post
    "You go now! You been here four hour!" - John Pinette "Chinese Buffet"
    OMG!!! I thought the EXACT SAME quote when I read that....accent and everything!!