Thread: AVG detecting threats

Default AVG detecting threats

Ok, this may be closed by a mod, but I really would like to know if anyone else is having this issue. I will not say which one, but one of the surverys caused my AVG shield to detect threats and will not load. I have take their surverys before, with no problems. This has just sharted today.

I have taken 3 other surveys today, so I am sure it is not my settings on my computer. Anyone else having issues? PM me if you are afraid to post here.

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

TIAMOMMA is offline McChingy, I like that, it has a nice ring to it. Kind of like a new McDonald's entree.

I don't use AVG, but I do use Vipre. I have had some surveys trigger a "Untangle - Spyware Blocker" warning. I just exit out and retry...not sure why this started popping up, it started about a month or so ago.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yes, I use AVG and was having the same problem, started last evening and my puter is only 10 days old!. But a few hours ago there was a random update from avg and a popup box from avg asking to restart. Problem solved... and I'm back in business, but no surveys for me (yet)!
    Good Luck!
    Patti
    Photobucket
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

Thank you Patti!!! Actually this problem started last night for me too, but I did not narrow the problem down to just that one survery sight until this morning.

Opened AVG and saw there was an upgrade. Installed it, restarted my computer, attempted the survey site again and got the easiest survey I ever took. And it already credited!

Thanks again Patti..............Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

Yea!!!!!!!
    Patti
    Photobucket

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
    Ok, this may be closed by a mod, but I really would like to know if anyone else is having this issue. I will not say which one, but one of the surverys caused my AVG shield to detect threats and will not load. I have take their surverys before, with no problems. This has just sharted today.

I have taken 3 other surveys today, so I am sure it is not my settings on my computer. Anyone else having issues? PM me if you are afraid to post here.

Laura
    This question as a technical issue involved in the taking of surveys and computer set up in general is not a thread we would have an issue with. We want members to help each other and ask questions about technical issues and the issues involved with the set up of computers that all members can benefit from reading. What we want to avoid is people asking about specific credit issues for surveys they have taken. We have had a lot of threads opened asking why a particular survey didn't credit on the hour and then the OP posts back on the 2nd hour that it credited. We want the information on the boards to be as easy to find and clear as possible. It would be very difficult for new or old members to find good and relevent information on the forum if every other thread was a person saying they didn't get credit for a particular survey. Please don't take that post as an attempt to curtail the posting of any member. It is truly meant as a request for help in keeping the information in the forum helpful and easy to find. Thanks and sorry if the post came across wrong.
    Sunshine Rewards

7. Join Date
    May 2007

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    This question as a technical issue involved in the taking of surveys and computer set up in general is not a thread we would have an issue with. We want members to help each other and ask questions about technical issues and the issues involved with the set up of computers that all members can benefit from reading. What we want to avoid is people asking about specific credit issues for surveys they have taken. We have had a lot of threads opened asking why a particular survey didn't credit on the hour and then the OP posts back on the 2nd hour that it credited. We want the information on the boards to be as easy to find and clear as possible. It would be very difficult for new or old members to find good and relevent information on the forum if every other thread was a person saying they didn't get credit for a particular survey. Please don't take that post as an attempt to curtail the posting of any member. It is truly meant as a request for help in keeping the information in the forum helpful and easy to find. Thanks and sorry if the post came across wrong.
    What???? I don't see a connection to this thread.....
    Last edited by pattip03; 06-03-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Patti
    Photobucket

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Well she said she was concerned that the thread would be closed by a mod (of which I am one) and that it was not an appropriate thread to start so I was explaining that her thread was just fine and not one that we were concerned with and so there would be no need to discuss this in PM. BTW, she was referencing a post in another thread and that is the post I was referring to when I said I hoped it hadn't come of in the wrong way.
    Sunshine Rewards

9. Default

Personally, I'd be thrilled if we could go one day on this board without survey comments. Sometimes they credit, sometimes they don't, repeated problems usually means its with the computer. Some days they credit later then others, sometimes it takes a couple hrs, not just one, and on and on. This board is totally full of survey questions constantly and its pretty much the same thing over and over. I understand the frustation when you are new because newbies aren't aware of all this, but for those that have been around for awhile, they do know better. I also understand how frustrating when you spend time to take a survey and it doesn't credit, but that happens. Sometimes it just takes a little more patience to get those credits too. I see GF credits come through days even weeks later. So, in reference now as to the question arose to Janet, moderators are constantly having to watch the survey related threads because those threads that are just complaining to complain will be closed and technical issues threads will be addressed and then closed. We don't want to discourage (especially our newbies) from asking questions, however, we do want to stop all the survey non credit complaining.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.