Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anyone ever get nervous about political..

Default does anyone ever get nervous about political..

..surveys? Call me paranoid but when they ask really personal stuff about how you vote and where you stand on issues, do you ever think they could track that and have it come back to bite you? Or am I the lone freak here?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

No, I don't usually get freaked when they ask my political views on something. If I lived in Russia or Iran, I might be concerned but we live in the good old U S of A and I can't imagine that there would be repercussions to responding to political questions.

What kind of paranoid world do you live in!!!! I'm kidding of course - I just never thought to be concerned - maybe I should be!!!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

I'm more concerned with giving my children's birthday and gender than answering policitcal questions.
    Jennifer -

Ya, I'm thinking the gov't or FBI really isn't tracking SR members, so I wouldn't worry. My mom is convinced they are watching her on the internet, not sure why, shes pretty boring.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

No, I'm not worried at all about giving my opinion on political issues. In fact, I find it interesting now when I see some statistic about current political views on the news because I wonder if I contributed to that poll in some way!

I'm a little more bugged by the personal health issue surveys, which ask sex-related things sometimes than I am by political surveys, etc. Had one today that asked my bra size/measurements, but proceeded to ask me about other products like socks, kids' underwear, and not about any bra product! Anyway, not too worried, because that info is supposed to remain anonymous (and better!).

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    I'm a little more bugged by the personal health issue surveys, which ask sex-related things sometimes than I am by political surveys, etc. Had one today that asked my bra size/measurements, but proceeded to ask me about other products like socks, kids' underwear, and not about any bra product! Anyway, not too worried, because that info is supposed to remain anonymous (and better!).
    I had that one too! I think they were looking for a particular demographic, iywim? Not just anyone would be interested in that particular brand.
    Okay, I guess I am just a little paranoid b/c friend of mine is a major conspiracy theorist and I think she may just have rubbed off on me a tad.
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

I say shout it loud and be heard! If it's a political survey I don't hesitate in voicing my opinion, because I take care to be moderate on facebook and such. But if these are news resources paying for the survey, I want to REPRESENT!

I did the bra one too and I enjoyed that too- if it gets me what I want in stores, I'm all for it!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    I say shout it loud and be heard! If it's a political survey I don't hesitate in voicing my opinion, because I take care to be moderate on facebook and such. But if these are news resources paying for the survey, I want to REPRESENT!

I did the bra one too and I enjoyed that too- if it gets me what I want in stores, I'm all for it!
    Agree! Let's represent!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

I wish I'd get some of those political surveys so I could express my opinion. However,when I answer I'm not happy with where our country is going I get booted. Heather, I have a friend who refuses to do FB because he thinks the Govt. will be able to use the info and find him. I told him that he didn't have to worry they already can find him(he's military).