Thread: How long for Trouble Tickets, usually?

Default How long for Trouble Tickets, usually?

I'm waiting on a credit for a trip I paid for in March and took back in April, and the trouble ticket (7250) has been sitting there since April 29th or so...

Generally speaking, how long does it take to get an answer, and how would I go about following up?

Thanks, folks!

Travel credits take the longest of any for us to get. There is no need for a follow up TT as we will over a 90 day period check with the merchant to get a status, but, we will not keep remarking on the TT about it, just know that we do follow up quite a bit on these. Opening a new TT to ask about an old TT only creates more work for us. We want the credit as much as you do. If we need additional information, we will change the status to response needed.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

There is no real answer to this questions. Trouble Tickets stay activated for at least 90 days. However, hotel credits can sometimes take a month or more to come in because some of the hotels don't report but once a month and only allow trouble ticket submissions once a month. There is nothing else for you to do on your end. The administrators can see your TT on their end and will continue to try to get your credits. Sometimes they will come in after the 90 days. You may see the ticket closed at the 90 day mark but that doesn't mean that if the credit comes through you won't get it. As long as the merchant doesn't deny the credit outright they will continue to try to get credit for it. Hope that helps and good luck on your credit coming through!
    Sunshine Rewards

Good to know - thanks very much!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

From what I can recall some travel websites only give credit once a month and only accept trouble tickets once a month so that can lead to the credits dragging out some. I've never had an issue getting my credits so good luck
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, after about 6 months, I'm kind of giving up hope on this one. It just occurred to me now that the hotel (W - Tuscany in NYC) changed ownership while we were there, so I'm guessing that's a hiccup in the credit delivery, too.

It's a shame, cause it would have been a big'un!

So should I wait 30 days from our date of stay or since it was back in July file a tt for it now that it is august for my sheraton one?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

File your TT now but it could take a little while for the credit to show up.
    Sunshine Rewards