Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SH Question

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Do you get the messages when do other things besides surveys on your computer? It seems really odd but being that it happens on more than one survey company it definitely seems like something on your connection end. Since they are all on different networks it would be highly unlikely that more than one survey company would be having the same time out issue at the same time. Do you use wireless or are you connected with an ethernet chord? If you are on wireless maybe try plugging in the ethernet and see if you get a better connection. If so then there may be something that is making your wireless signal lower and so making you time out. Let me know if you figure it out. For some reason I have found that my best crediting happens if I am plugged in to my ethernet. I always plug in the ethernet and turn off the wireless if I am shopping and I usually do the same for surveys and offers. It isn't a problem for me because the modem is next to where I use the computer but it might be harder for you. I hope you get it figured out! Good luck!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    I had a 50/50 yesterday, I did 6 survey's and only 3 credited. I've been having problems with my internet kicking out with survey's. If I sit on a page to long, ie, watching a video, or it just has a lot of questions/ answers/ selectins, my internet will kick out. So I don't know if it has to do with inactivity, or if there is something wrong with my modem.
    What kind of internet do you use? What kind of modem do you use? Do you use a router at all? I ask because I use a Linksys router at home (circa 2005) and have never had an issue but my parents bought a Linksys router (circa 2008/2009) and they get booted frequently.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Do you get the messages when do other things besides surveys on your computer? It seems really odd but being that it happens on more than one survey company it definitely seems like something on your connection end. Since they are all on different networks it would be highly unlikely that more than one survey company would be having the same time out issue at the same time. Do you use wireless or are you connected with an ethernet chord? If you are on wireless maybe try plugging in the ethernet and see if you get a better connection. If so then there may be something that is making your wireless signal lower and so making you time out. Let me know if you figure it out. For some reason I have found that my best crediting happens if I am plugged in to my ethernet. I always plug in the ethernet and turn off the wireless if I am shopping and I usually do the same for surveys and offers. It isn't a problem for me because the modem is next to where I use the computer but it might be harder for you. I hope you get it figured out! Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    What kind of internet do you use? What kind of modem do you use? Do you use a router at all? I ask because I use a Linksys router at home (circa 2005) and have never had an issue but my parents bought a Linksys router (circa 2008/2009) and they get booted frequently.

I used to have to a CPU, but the on/off switch broke, so my dh gave me his laptop from work, because he gets a new one every 6 months. I hooked up the computer through the router, to the modem, because all my kids have laptops for college and when they come home, they need to get online, wireless. I have netGear system, and it is probably over 5 years old. It is probably the router, I replaced the modem (rent from charter) over a year ago, so I am thinking it is the wireless router too.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I may have been using Internet Explorer or Chrome(?). I don't think we have put anything new on the computer but I'll have to ask my DH. I am clearing cookies with just the tools. What is CCClear? If nothing else I might learn a little bit about computers

I know my DH said we need a new router. Any recommendations?

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I don't have recommendations for a router but go download CCleaner. It is free and all you have to do is click on it before you open your browser to do surveys in the morning. It will clear all of the cookies on your computer with one program. Be careful because it also clears the remembered user names and passwords so make sure you know them all before you clear them...i.e. bank sign in info. It is so much easier and more thorough than just using the tools because it clears all cookies. Try that for a day or two before buying a new router and see how it works. I only clear cookies for surveys once in the morning and then do all 5 of the surveys that I do. Then we clear cookies again because DH does the YTC and if I don't clear cookies first my info is still prefilled when he tries to do the YTC. If you do both you shouldn't have to clear cookies the second time. Wait for them all to credit and see how it works. Let us know what you think and how it works. Good luck!!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by fronisgl View Post
    I may have been using Internet Explorer or Chrome(?). I don't think we have put anything new on the computer but I'll have to ask my DH. I am clearing cookies with just the tools. What is CCClear? If nothing else I might learn a little bit about computers
    You can find the link on the Software thread in the Tech Issues section. There is spybot, adware removers, and then ccleaner. All 3 are great tools to have just in general to keep your computer clean and fresh.

As far as routers go I'm not sure what to recommend. But when researching computers, I used the reviews on Cnet, Bestbuy, and Buy.com to help me decide what to buy.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks everybody. I'm not sure what DH did but it all is working again. Hopefully it is not a temporary fix.

Quote Originally Posted by fronisgl View Post
    Thanks everybody. I'm not sure what DH did but it all is working again. Hopefully it is not a temporary fix.
    Well you better give him a stern lecture about how messing with the computer cost you some money Glad things are working and fingers crossed that they don't happen again.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, my luck has ended. I took 3 surveys and none credited. I have no idea what is going on with my computer. I was really hoping to have a good enough month to become a SM but at this rate It will be almost impossible.

The worst thing is I have no idea what to do to fix the problem.