Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need Christmas outfit help

Exclamation need Christmas outfit HELP

I am looking for something I can wear to the ballet Nutcracker at Christmas. I am not sure what I am looking for but my daughter will be all dressed up so I am either looking for a great sweater to go with my black pants or something along that line. I am not against a dress but am not completely comfortable in them. So anyone have ideas? I am not a clothes horse (I love pajamas) so I need HELP!
    Last edited by wilsonfamily4; 10-31-2007 at 08:10 PM.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Lisaj68 is offline I've found my new addiction and I'm going to be late for church!!

Do you like/look good in red? How about a pretty, silky/shiny blouse with a cami underneath that is the same color red? That would look really festive and look very nice with black slacks!

You might get too hot in a big crowd with a sweater on....Plus you will probably have a coat.....

I love pj's too. And sweats!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Do you have a price point in mind?? Do you want it holiday-ish or not?
    Sunshine Rewards

I look good in red. I am thinking any price range at this point. I would love that kind of shirt but I need help on where to find them! I am really a clothing idiot, need step by step advice.
    <Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

This was from my first pass at Nordstrom. I was trying for red but they are slim in the "nicer" clothing category. They had some teal options. Do you like that color?

I know this probably won't work due to your location since its short sleeved but it might be worth looking into in case it makes the sale in a few weeks. I don't think I'd pay full price for it.

Same type of comment on this one. I think it would be pretty with black pants but its short sleeved. For some reason when I clicked and saw it in purple I thought of your pic on here and figured it would be worth mentioning

Macy's:
    This could work with some black pants.

Sweater in Teal

I think I might be at my picture limit.
    Sunshine Rewards

Post 2: Just tried Bloomingdales.com but nothing stood out. I am searching by sweaters right now and not tops. I'm saving that for in the morning at work

Personally I'd probably just walk into my nearest White House Black Market and pick something up there since their stuff tends to fall into that nice/dressy category like what you are looking for. This caught my eye
    I think you could do a million things with that jacket/cardigan and it would go with black or gray or jeans and you could change the turtle necks underneath it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Wilsonfamilyof4 too hot, doesn't happen! She is usually cold.

I like this shirt but don't know if it is dressy enough. http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/wome...ist+Shirt.jsp#

I also like this red sweater.
    http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Black-...ank&rh=&page=3
    Sunshine Rewards

Catherine, you have great taste! Love those tops!
    Last edited by Blessing and Miracle; 11-11-2007 at 01:15 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I LOVE that silver top. That one is my favorite. However I am always cold and probably would freeze in it, but it is beautiful. Of course, if you have a nice coat or jacket, it might work fine. Oh rats....now I feel the shopping bug coming on....I just joined the worship team at our new church and I do need some new dressy clothes.....hmmmm.....

I also have lots of jammies and sweats. I am a SAHM, so a lot of dressy things are not necessary. However, that silver top.....

Let us know what you decide wilson!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Catherine, I like the two you posted pictures for! But here are no links for those so I will have to go looking. Candi is right I am always cold but I have a nice black jacket so I can wear that. And it is fairly warm at the Hult Center with all the people.

Anymore ideas? i will definitely have to check Nordstroms now to see if the red sweater goes on sale. I may buy that one anyway. Really cute.

Angela, I am a SAHM and rarely do I need really nice clothes. It sometimes keeps me from doing more things because I don't want to go buy something. But I am 30 now, , and need to start dressing like an adult. I need to find some really good "go to" outfits and some really nice heels. A friends had some great red heels on today and I went to go get them but they are sold out now!!
    <Sunshine Rewards