Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do cookies

Default What do cookies

do anyways? I thought you had to clear them to get surveys to credit? Do they need to be there for some surveys to credit?

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Cookies must be there to credit. Here is the best way to handle the surveys and cookies.

Start your day by clearing cookies (preferable using CCleaner). Then I always go in and try for an AMP first because it is the only one on a 24 hour clock. However if I didn't get it until late in the day I wait until I know I can get one available (24 hours from when you did the last one). Then go in and do the additional ones. DO NOT clear any cookies. You should be able to complete the Daily Greenfield Survey, AMP/MTC, Survey Head, Your Two Cents, My View and SSI without needing to clear any cookies. Wait for them to credit. Some of them will credit on the hour, some two hours, some even will take 3 hours occasionally. The My View usually credits pretty quick but can take an hour at times. If you do not clear cookies until they have all credited you will be fine. It sounds like maybe you are deleting the cookies before the surveys credit and so are not getting credit.

The next day you should go in and clear cookies before you start taking surveys again. Some of the surveys won't credit a second time if you haven't cleared the cookies from the previous day. That is why you will find most of us clear cookies in the morning.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Cookies must be there to credit. Here is the best way to handle the surveys and cookies.

Start your day by clearing cookies (preferable using CCleaner). Then I always go in and try for an AMP first because it is the only one on a 24 hour clock. However if I didn't get it until late in the day I wait until I know I can get one available (24 hours from when you did the last one). Then go in and do the additional ones. DO NOT clear any cookies. You should be able to complete the Daily Greenfield Survey, AMP/MTC, Survey Head, Your Two Cents, My View and SSI without needing to clear any cookies. Wait for them to credit. Some of them will credit on the hour, some two hours, some even will take 3 hours occasionally. The My View usually credits pretty quick but can take an hour at times. If you do not clear cookies until they have all credited you will be fine. It sounds like maybe you are deleting the cookies before the surveys credit and so are not getting credit.

The next day you should go in and clear cookies before you start taking surveys again. Some of the surveys won't credit a second time if you haven't cleared the cookies from the previous day. That is why you will find most of us clear cookies in the morning.
    Thanks for this info, I've wondering exactly how do this.

I have been cookie clearing happy. Probably doing it to much. I'll give up on today and will try that first thing in the morning.

Now, if you have done all your surveys and a few (3+) hours have passed and one hasn't credited for some reason. Then you can go in and clear your cookies and try that one again. Occasionally it is just a fluke that one won't credit. I have VERY rarely had this happen but it has happened (maybe 5 times in all the time I have been doing surveys). You would need to clear cookies before you retry a survey for the second time if it didn't credit the first time. You DO NOT need to clear them if you try for one and don't qualify. You can just keep going back in and trying all day until you get them all. Good luck!
    Sunshine Rewards

I was under the impression that cookies needed to be cleaned between Greenfield daily any the 2cents survey. Am I mistaken? (wouldn't be the first time!)

I do clean between those two but only because I do the DS and DH does the YTC. We do it that way so that we have more opps through GF than if I were the one taking both. In order for him to take a YTC after I have taken a DS we have to clear cookies so that my info is removed. If u are taking both and using the same info my understAnding is that u don't need to clear them...however it doesn't hurt.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by secretmoney View Post
    I was under the impression that cookies needed to be cleaned between Greenfield daily any the 2cents survey. Am I mistaken? (wouldn't be the first time!)
    I don't clear other than once in the am and have not had ytc not crediting b/c of that.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I do clean between those two but only because I do the DS and DH does the YTC. We do it that way so that we have more opps through GF than if I were the one taking both. In order for him to take a YTC after I have taken a DS we have to clear cookies so that my info is removed. If u are taking both and using the same info my understAnding is that u don't need to clear them...however it doesn't hurt.
    I take the GF and my husband does the YTC (SM) and I do not clear cookies between the two...we just click on "if you are not xxxxxx click here" and just change the info...never had a problem and I only clear cookies once first thing in the morning. I do clear again only if I'm going to shop just to make certain that I will get credit.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Good to know! I never wanted to take the chance that it wouldn't credit to try it. I'm in kind of a routine now but I might have to try it out.
    Sunshine Rewards