Thread: Disneyland

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Default Disneyland

Help - I have never been to Disneyland and am trying to decide if we should plan a trip in August. We have been to Disneyworld so many times and DH begged and begged that we not go to Disney this year. He really wanted to take the kids to the beach. So, I booked a beach vacation. Now, I am starting to think that going to the beach in August might not be a good thing - all the reports are saying that the oil will be in the Atlantic. I still have time to cancel and not lose our money but I still need to plan a vacation. I am a planner so the thought of going in August to Disneyland worries me. If we go it would be the middle to end of August - will it be crowded? What will the weather be like? Any opinions? Suggestions? TIA
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

In 2005 we booked a Disney;and trip in July for tthat August . It was great-not too crowded, hot but no humidity (my heat hating mother was fine). DLR can be pretty affordable as you can easily stay offsite, we stayed at the Best Western and loved it.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

The weather in August at Disneyland is definitely better than it is at WDW! Hedy is right - hot but low humidity. Crowds shouldn't be bad. Most locals can't go the first half of August with their annual passes.

Definitely stay offsite - they are called "Good Neighbor" hotels. I have stayed at the Sheraton and liked it - they have a free shuttle to the parks.

You can also do the beach while you're in southern California - Disneyland is about 40 minutes from the ocean if you are so inclined. If you have any more specific questions, let me know. I am an annual pass holder and go about once a month.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    The weather in August at Disneyland is definitely better than it is at WDW! Hedy is right - hot but low humidity. Crowds shouldn't be bad. Most locals can't go the first half of August with their annual passes.

Definitely stay offsite - they are called "Good Neighbor" hotels. I have stayed at the Sheraton and liked it - they have a free shuttle to the parks.

You can also do the beach while you're in southern California - Disneyland is about 40 minutes from the ocean if you are so inclined. If you have any more specific questions, let me know. I am an annual pass holder and go about once a month.
    Thanks and I do have some more questions as I try to wade through all the info - please keep in mind that I have never been to California -

1. What airport is closest to Disneyland? Or what are my other airport options?

2. How many days do I need to see Disneyland? I am so use to getting the park hopper for just about every day that we are in WDW.

3. Yes - DH was thinking about trying to hit a beach - He wants his sand! Which beach would you recommend?

Thanks so much - I have been reading and researching flights and info about the parks.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

1. What airport is closest to Disneyland? Or what are my other airport options? They are all fairly evenly spaced - LAX, Long Beach or John Wayne -Orange County.

2. How many days do I need to see Disneyland? I am so use to getting the park hopper for just about every day that we are in WDW. Four days would probably be the most you would need - there are only two parks and they are just across from each other. You could most likely do it in three.

3. Yes - DH was thinking about trying to hit a beach - He wants his sand! Which beach would you recommend? We live near Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach - so those are the beaches we usually go to. I have gone past the beaches near Huntington Beach and Newport Beach and they seem nice. Redondo and Hermosa are small beach sommunities - there isn't a lot of public parking lots - more just spaces on the street. Whereas Huntington and Newport have parking lots attched to the beaches.

If there's any other questions, just let me know, I'd be happy to answer.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    1. What airport is closest to Disneyland? Or what are my other airport options? They are all fairly evenly spaced - LAX, Long Beach or John Wayne -Orange County.

2. How many days do I need to see Disneyland? I am so use to getting the park hopper for just about every day that we are in WDW. Four days would probably be the most you would need - there are only two parks and they are just across from each other. You could most likely do it in three.

3. Yes - DH was thinking about trying to hit a beach - He wants his sand! Which beach would you recommend? We live near Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach - so those are the beaches we usually go to. I have gone past the beaches near Huntington Beach and Newport Beach and they seem nice. Redondo and Hermosa are small beach sommunities - there isn't a lot of public parking lots - more just spaces on the street. Whereas Huntington and Newport have parking lots attched to the beaches.

If there's any other questions, just let me know, I'd be happy to answer.
    All great answers.

And don't forget that when you're ready to book your trip, just contact us at Mouse Unlimited. You get 1% SR Cash-Back on all Disney vacation!

Even if Disney isn't your only destination on the trip, we're still a full service travel agency and can get you from here-to-there and book air and hotel for you too!
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook