Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streaming Netflix through the Wii?

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    so I am still a little confuzzled.... if the kids are using the wii to watch a streamed movie, does that mean I cannot be using the computer? sorry, I said I was a technodope!
    Oh, no....you can stream the movies to ANY device that is connected to the internet....Wii, laptop, cell phone, iTouch, etc. When I am at work, I can find a wi-fi hotspot and watch movies in the ambulace.

If you connect your Wii to the internet, Netflix sends you a disc that you insert into the Wii whenever you want to watch a movie. That lets you access your Netflix queue. Before we got that disc in the mail, the only way we could stream movies was on our laptops so the kids were using them. Now, we can watch them through the Wii so I get my computer back.

I can stream a movie to my laptop at the same time my husband is streaming something to his laptop while the kids are streaming something entirely different to the Wii! It's AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    Oh, no....you can stream the movies to ANY device that is connected to the internet....Wii, laptop, cell phone, iTouch, etc. When I am at work, I can find a wi-fi hotspot and watch movies in the ambulace.

If you connect your Wii to the internet, Netflix sends you a disc that you insert into the Wii whenever you want to watch a movie. That lets you access your Netflix queue. Before we got that disc in the mail, the only way we could stream movies was on our laptops so the kids were using them. Now, we can watch them through the Wii so I get my computer back.

I can stream a movie to my laptop at the same time my husband is streaming something to his laptop while the kids are streaming something entirely different to the Wii! It's AWESOME!!!

I think the only thing I can add to this is that if you have a wired connection, you may have problems having multiple thing online at once. If it's wireless, no problems!

Since it's just myself at my place and I only have one computer, I just plug my internet directly in from my modem to puter. I got my brothers to help me get my Wii online to play them on Mario Kart, but I have the wired connection, so I can only get one or the other online at a time. One of my brothers suggested getting a wireless router when I got the Wii online, but it's cheaper to do it this way and since there's only one of me, it's not really an issue.

Bottom line -- it depends on how you connect your Wii to the internet.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards