Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse Unlimited ticket question

Default Mouse Unlimited ticket question

Can you pay for Disney Tickets with a disney gift card?
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
    Can you pay for Disney Tickets with a disney gift card?
    You can only buy Disney tickets, via Disney's website or through Mouse Unlimited, using a Credit/Debit Card or your Disney Rewards Points.

For some reason, you can't use Disney Gift Card to buy Disney Theme Park Tickets.

You MAY be able to at a Disney Store. That would be a good question for Tricia
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

We added ours to our room and then paid for them with the gift cards when we got there. Not sure about the Disney Store itself though.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We added ours to our room and then paid for them with the gift cards when we got there. Not sure about the Disney Store itself though.
    How did you add tickets to your room? Did you purchase them after the fact and add them to your room-only booking? Because otherwise, it turns a R-O booking into a MYW Basic Package, which requires full payment 45 days out.

Kevin said he went to the front desk and told him that he needed park tickets. They charged them to our room. Then Kevin applied the gift cards to the room. Maybe it's because we were DVC?? We booked the dining plan in advance and when we got there paid for it with the gift cards as well.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Kevin said he went to the front desk and told him that he needed park tickets. They charged them to our room. Then Kevin applied the gift cards to the room. Maybe it's because we were DVC?? We booked the dining plan in advance and when we got there paid for it with the gift cards as well.
    Oh ok, so this wasn't for your night at the Poly - this was for the DVC part of your trip. Then yes, you can just add tickets when you get there.

I was confused. Thought you added tickets to your night at Poly

FWIW, on disneygiftcard.com at the WDW theme park section, it says "The Disney Gift Card can be used to purchase Theme Park admission tickets and annual passes."

So if nothing else, there's that.

It's so odd to me when DLR has features that WDW doesn't, because that's so rare...with DLR you can add them to a room-only, without turning it into a package (requires calling), so it's just wild to me that you can't do it at WDW.
    Sunshine Rewards

well, i'm staying with a girlfriend who has DVC, so i'm not even on a WDW reservation. SO i can't add them that way. And If i can't use a GC to pay for the tickets, I guess it would make more sense to just cash out to paypal rather than save up for the GC.
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

well, i'm staying with a girlfriend who has DVC, so i'm not even on a WDW reservation. SO i can't add them that way. And If i can't use a GC to pay for the tickets, I guess it would make more sense to just cash out to paypal rather than save up for the GC.
    When we order tickets for guests, we use the online system. It's identical to the Ticket Order system you see when you go to buy tickets from WDW's main site, except at the top it says 'Welcome Travel Agent' instead of 'Welcome Guest'.

On either version, the only options are the Rewards Card and Credit Card. I imagine that if we called into WDTC to order tickets for a client, we could use a Disney Gift Card then.

If the ONLY important part is using the GC to buy the tix, not *where* you buy the tix, as I mentioned, disneygiftcard.com says that you can use the GC to buy them when you're actually there at WDW.

But if it's the MU part you want, then yes, paypal makes more sense. (unless you want the GC to buy souvenirs, food, etc)
    Sunshine Rewards