Thread: Ms. Janet!!!

Default Ms. Janet!!!

I went back to read the comments on my SH question and was getting ready to respond and the thread was closed. WHY??? I wasn't complaining!!! And I did wait a full 25hrs before I asked the question.

Anyway, all I wanted to say was thank you for letting me know.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I vaguely remember the thread but I'm not sure what exactly was going on. I do know that the current board policy is to help with Tech Issues/Computer settings and to try and get away from this survey didn't credit or this one did sort of thing. So I'm guessing that Janet did her standard response of suggestions and just closed it so that others wouldn't tack onto your thread. We've been seeing a lot of older threads getting bumped lately so people could do a round about complaint if that makes sense.

If you still are having a tech issue feel free to open up a new thread and we can talk about it. If it is just a survey credit issue then Tricia probably can't do much unless it was with Greenfield but even they are starting to push back on forum posts.
    Sunshine Rewards

I had the same thing happen, so I was glad to see that a ? was asked and answer given, and wasn't sure what warranted the closing either - so glad for answers on both scores!
    Guess we just have to be more careful with what we post.....speaking for myself.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

A thread being closed is not always a bad thing. None of you did anything wrong. The question was answered and discussed and as Cate said I closed it so that it would not end up being a thread about specific survey credits missing. We said last week that any survey threads would be discussed and resolved as best we can and then closed. If you needed to 'be careful' about what you posted Lanny I would have given a warning or infraction. Sometimes we (the mods and Tricia and Cindy) close thread because a resolution has been given and it doesn't need to be open anymore. If you notice a thread about the SH going back to the SR page was already getting posts about surveys not crediting. Not the same issue but people see every open survey thread as an opportunity to post about missing a survey credit. I think EVERY thread about technical issues is important and helpful to everyone that is why it wasn't deleted. It is there so that people who are having the issue can see the responses and get the information. I keep seeing posts with people who think that we are unkind for closing threads or deleting posts but the forum rules are posted and it is our job as moderators to adhere to those rules. There were no rules broken in Lisa's post. It was a very good question and one that all members can benefit from. However, history has told us that those types of threads become something totally different and the important information (the question and answer) get lost in the posts about specific credit issues and then the people who need it can't find it. Lisa, thanks for asking the question and your welcome for answering it!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Janet, my careful comment had to do with Cate's mention of GF pushing back on forum posts. Just meant that if they, or others, monitor posts, it's just a good idea to be careful - even well-intended comments/questions might be construed wrong. That's all. Thanks for your answer/help as to why threads might be closed, tho!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

The funny thing about that Lanny is that the latest "issue" isn't even a complaint in our forum. It is a complaint from another reward site about a perk that we get here. I try my best on that end to just edit the thread and pm people if they want to know what was edited because obviously we can't post a forum blast message on the issue.

So in short, people shouldn't immediately think they did something wrong or against the rules if their post was edited or closed. If you did something wrong you'll see an infraction I promise.
    Sunshine Rewards