Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Creative Help

Default Some Creative Help

The background: Kevin's parents' 45th wedding anniversary is next summer. The family has had "issues" in years past and has only all been together in one place at the same time once--for my nephew's birthday in Disney last year. Everyone in the family is a Disney fan. We had booked a cruise for June 2011 for just us (me, SG, and the girls). We got to talking to Kevin's brother and he said he was interested in taking his family as well (plus wife and two kids). Turns out it's the same week as Kevin's parents' 45th. So we decided to see if we could get the whole family to book cruises AND pitch in to pay for them to go as well. It was all negotiated and we have been planning it for 6 months. This weekend they will be at our house and we get to tell them. So I have to figure out how to make a really big deal of it!!

I was thinking of first trying to print out a nice picture of the ship and then make some little "people" to paste onto it with all of our pictures. There will be 12 of us altogether. But the big problem is that the Dream isn't done so I can't get any pictures of it!

Can anyone else give me some creative ideas of how to tell them and incorporate the whole thing--the Dream, the dates, their anniversary, the whole family going, and that we are all paying for it???
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

What an awesome surprise!! I was trying to look online for some good artist rendering pics of the Dream, but not a lot of luck yet. Was thinking you could add the people on the slide or something. Maybe you could incorporate putting a message in a bottle as a cute way to give them the news. I'll keep thinking- and I'm sure you'll get some good ideas here!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    What an awesome surprise!! I was trying to look online for some good artist rendering pics of the Dream, but not a lot of luck yet. Was thinking you could add the people on the slide or something. Maybe you could incorporate putting a message in a bottle as a cute way to give them the news. I'll keep thinking- and I'm sure you'll get some good ideas here!
    Oh! Message in a bottle would be cute!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

And you should definitely celebrate with some tasty drinks with little umbrellas lol.

Man- I wish I lived closer...I wanna make a cake
    Sunshine Rewards

What about a game of charades. It should be easy. 45 years ago they met each other and had the dream wedding, or each were the man or woman of their dreams (the ship). Then you could do the wedding anniversary and etc.

HTH's.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

How about a creative poem that you could do on the computer and then print it out and paste it into a really nice anniversary card and have everyone sign the card? I actually did this for my DIL's bridal shower....My husband and I booked and paid for their honeymoon cruise (their first cruise) in an inside room that they already knew about but I secretly upgraded them to a balcony that I announced at her shower with a poem that I wrote and attached to a pair of sunglasses that I wrapped up. I made her read it outloud and there was not one dry eye in the room, especially me! Here it is in case anyone cares to read it? A dolphin excursion was the big highlight of their cruise, so that is why there is mention of dolphins.

THE SUNGLASSES a poem by MIL

ROMANTIC DAYS SPENT UNDER THE SUN

SIGHTSEEING, DOLPHINS.....A WHOLE LOT OF FUN.

SEEING THE MOON AND THE TWINKLING STARS AT NIGHT

OH MY, WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THIS SIGHT!

HONEYMOONING ON THE CARNIVAL MIRACLE AT SEA

THESE SUNGLASSES WILL HELP YOU......

ENJOY THE VIEW FROM YOUR BALCONY! :-)
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

this would involve a lot of work on your part, but how about faking a contest for the girls to enter? Have them write down their "dream" vacation (obviously it would be a family vaction on the Disney Dream) and they wanted to read it to grandma and grandpa before they sent in their entry. Then once they read it and everyone oohs and aahs over how wonderful it would be, then you can pull out the Offical Winner Certificate and present it to them and tell them their dreams have come true and it's a family cruise!
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I found an artist rendering picture

Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Maybe the grandkids could take Grandma and Grandpa on a scanvenger hunt?

Each hunt would lead to a another clue.
    Clue #1 You go here for a drink of water...find a dollar store boat with the word Dream on the side

#2 check out Sunshine Kids toys....find a stuffed Mickey

etc....

At the last clue, you would find a sealed letter to his parents that they have to stand and read out loud. It would be a letter signed my Mickey Mouse, (you can find Disney font online) explaining the all the clues add up to a Dream cruise for all

Just a thought
    Good luck!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Or you could just let Goofy tell them. LOL
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.