Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney Code--Do not use online!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I'm not really worried about this one. They sent this email out to all of the affiliates, and some probably actually promoted it. We'll be fine. I just wanted to get it out there ASAP so no one else used it.
    So Tricia I have a question. I placed a Disney Shopping order before Halloween and used a % off code. It didn't credit. No big surprise, just figured it was because of the code and didn't file a TT.

In the future should we not go through SR to place a Disney Shopping order if we are going to use a code that's not listed? Is that the safest way to do it?
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Disney Shopping is usually perfectly fine with people using the other codes, because they often list them on their website. I think this was just a weird exception because this code was not supposed to be used online AT ALL.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Disney Shopping is usually perfectly fine with people using the other codes, because they often list them on their website. I think this was just a weird exception because this code was not supposed to be used online AT ALL.
    Ummm...so can I file a trouble ticket then?
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Ummm...so can I file a trouble ticket then?
    Wellll....they let them slip through if they pay them automatically. But I'm not sure I should bring it to their attention that we use them. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Wellll....they let them slip through if they pay them automatically. But I'm not sure I should bring it to their attention that we use them. LOL!
    Good point! Probably not the best business move!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Well now I just plain feel icky. I had no clue it was not an online code, I just saw it posted online where someone used it. Now I feel like a cheatin' thief! You're talking about a woman who will go back into the store to pay for a pack of gum forgotten in the cart!! I'll have to check out DIS and see if they've been informed. So what was it a catalog/phone code or something?
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

It sounds like it was some kind of code in the actual disney stores. I'm not sure how it even worked online???
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Oh, that's really strange indeed.

I double checked the numbers, it definitely took them both, plus the free ship. Well, now I have to figure out how to get my karma back from outta whack. Maybe I'll order one of my parkhoppers through them instead, that would be about the difference I would have saved buying from the discount dealer. I'm sure my $10 is a drop in the bucket to them, but I don't need any bad karma overflowing in my bucket
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

LOL!! The good news is that you probably did not cost them anymore using your code than what you would have if you used a different code and got an SR rebate. So it's probably the same to them in the end. They just want US to understand why they aren't paying commissions on them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    Oh, that's really strange indeed.

I double checked the numbers, it definitely took them both, plus the free ship. Well, now I have to figure out how to get my karma back from outta whack. Maybe I'll order one of my parkhoppers through them instead, that would be about the difference I would have saved buying from the discount dealer. I'm sure my $10 is a drop in the bucket to them, but I don't need any bad karma overflowing in my bucket
    I hear you. I had no idea it wasn't an online code, especially since I found it online! I have been feeling guilty all day that I am going to bring down SR since I used the code. I'm about ready to go pay full price for something, all over $3 saved!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards