Thread: Christmas Gift Ideas

Default Christmas Gift Ideas

Okay, let's start talking Christmas gifts. I love this time of year because I truly have more fun giving gifts than receiving them. I search and search for the very best, most original, fun, and useful gifts for my friends and family. I like to give gifts that they will actually enjoy and use.

That said, every year is a challenge to come up with new ideas. So, let's start posting all of the fun stuff we've done in the past or will be doing this year and help eachother out. I'll start!

One of my favorite gifts has actually become a family tradition at my mother's each year. We call it the Goodie Bag. Each year the ladies pick out cute bags early in the year. Throughout the year, we collect all kinds of cute things that we just know the others will love and fill up the bag. This year, I am shopping at www.bagsbuy.com through SR. I am getting the awesome pink baggalini for my mom (SR is rewarding me 13% ). I already have about 10 of her favorite things to put in it. Now I need to find a couple of surprises to make it complete.

I love the Goodie Bags. I can't wait to see what is in mine this year!!

I think one of my favorite gifts to give was one that I made my parents from Shutterfly. I used pictures throughout the year of them and my kids and Shutterfly printed a hard cover book with pictures and text and backgrounds. If you were the crafty type with time on your hands, you could make one yourself with a scrapbook. This one was really cool because it was like a real hard cover printed book.

Here's the link to the ones that I made, but I can't remember the size:

http://www.shutterfly.com/shop/produ...00/Photo_Books

I have a real thing for making personalized stuff like that since my parents and inlaws have everything they want. I figure they like their grandkids enough to like that kind of stuff. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Angie- The goodie bags sound like a great idea!! Very cute. That would be a great idea for my mom since she is one of those ladies that can have tons of purses and bags, and still want more.

Tricia- I love those books, I have made a total of 4 already. I have my wedding book, my family photos book, my honeymoon book, and recently made one for my DD of our trip to DL for her birthday. That one is hers. She loves it!! lol

Okay, here's another idea that is always well received. I purchase small tins of popcorn, any flavor (Mine usually come from the Boy Scouts. DS12 is a maniac with the popcorn fundraiser--$2100 already this year!). I also pick up a few boxes of "movie" candy. Walmart carries the Goobers, Twizzlers, Skittles, Jr. Mints, etc. in the box for $.88. Then I go get some $5.00 Blockbuster gift cards. I wrap one tin of popcorn with two boxes of candy in clear wrapping paper with curly ribbon. I tie a gift card in the ribbon and give a $15 gift that everyone loves.

This one will be for teachers this year. You could do it too with some Dale and Thomas popcorn which I hear is to die for. Try the Sumptuous Samper. It has 5 canisters for $45.00. You could break it down and use it for 5 movie gifts of your own.

DH got me some gifts last year. It was the bathrobe from Bath and Body and some slipper socks. He also included some bath and body lotions/soaps and hot chocolate and a Disney mug. It was a great gift. The thought of taking a long bath, slipping into my robe and socks and then curling up on the couch with my mug and drink. LOVED it.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

This year I'm doing dinner and a movie for my co-workers. I bought some movies (through SR of course) and will be adding pasta and sauce as well as popcorn and their favorite candy. A date in a basket!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

A big hit a few years ago, was a calendar I made at the York Photo site. Actually, I made two. One for my mom with pictures of of her 6 grandchildren. Each month I picked several pictures to display. If it was someone's birthday month, I used pictures of them. I also did one for a favorite of uncle with pictures of my girls and him.

This year, DD9 is giving specially dedicated, hand drawn books that originated from a gift she received from the same uncle. The kit comes with everything she needed to create a book. We then mailed it off, ordered 4 hard cover copies, each with a different dedication. At the back is a picture of the "author" and a paragraph about her. I can't wait to see everyone's faces when they get their books. She is very excited, also, naturally.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I do the calendars of my kids for me, and the grandparents. I Love Kodak's options. this year they added a new fleece blanket option with any picture.
    I ordered one to see how it would look and love it. That'll be the grandparent gifts this year.

Also shopped through SR to get the credits!
    Sunshine Rewards

I love personal gifts. I also did the photo books one year for my parents. I did Scrapbooks, and went back from the time they were married to the present. I started with one book but by the time I finished it was five full scrapbooks! My family loved them and everyone shed tears!
    Sunshine Rewards

One of my favorite gifts I give to my son who is now 14 and still hopes he gets it. For the twelve days before Christomas so thte 12th day is Dec 24. The elf comes to our house while we are sleeping and leaves a little gift. It can be almost anything. Some days it is some kind of candy my son likes. Those dollar gloves. Things that I cal gotsy nothing to expensive. When he was younger I tried to keep around a dollar but only have one sometimes i splurge. Usually I try to through in something disney. Coloring books,crayons, markers, christmas ornaments are all things I have used. I started this when my goddaughter was a toddler and now she is 28 years old. I have even done this for an adult friend who I worked with. It kind of keeps the excitment down a bit as they get a small gift for 12 days and it takes the edge off.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "
    Jo