Thread: HELP!!! Something happened!!!

Default HELP!!! Something happened!!!....UPDATED

I took advantage of the great offer from Thomson Cigars for Father's Day. Here's my problem....

1) I placed the order on June 17 (I knew it would be late) but I was unable to print the confirmation page because my printer ink cartridge was faulty. (That's a 4Inkjets story....)

2) I received my $8 SR credit on June 17

3) BIG thunderstorms rolled through on June 18 while I was at work, which knocked out our internet access.

4) I was not able to get back online again until yesterday (June 20)

5) When I was able to get back online, I checked my e-mail to find out when the cigars were expected to arrive because the kids had already told DH what his present is.

6) TO MY HORROR....There was NO e-mail and Thompson Cigars has NO record that I even placed an order. I immediately checked my credit card and it was not charged either.

So, now what? DH was rather excited about getting the cigars so I would still like to get them for him. I don't see that offer on the Thompson's website so I am wondering if it was an SR exclusive? If so, how can I still get it? I would assume since I got credit for it that I have "completed" the offer. I don't want another credit, I just want the stuff I ordered....or apparantly DIDN'T order.

PLEASE HELP!!

Last edited by kristenrice; 06-24-2010 at 10:03 PM.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    I took advantage of the great offer from Thomson Cigars for Father's Day. Here's my problem....

1) I placed the order on June 17 (I knew it would be late) but I was unable to print the confirmation page because my printer ink cartridge was faulty. (That's a 4Inkjets story....)

2) I received my $8 SR credit on June 17

3) BIG thunderstorms rolled through on June 18 while I was at work, which knocked out our internet access.

4) I was not able to get back online again until yesterday (June 20)

5) When I was able to get back online, I checked my e-mail to find out when the cigars were expected to arrive because the kids had already told DH what his present is.

6) TO MY HORROR....There was NO e-mail and Thompson Cigars has NO record that I even placed an order. I immediately checked my credit card and it was not charged either.

So, now what? DH was rather excited about getting the cigars so I would still like to get them for him. I don't see that offer on the Thompson's website so I am wondering if it was an SR exclusive? If so, how can I still get it? I would assume since I got credit for it that I have "completed" the offer. I don't want another credit, I just want the stuff I ordered....or apparantly DIDN'T order.

PLEASE HELP!!

I answered you last night on the other thread where you posted....suggested that you call the company and talk to a person, maybe they would be able to give you some info?

I found this for you on the offer page, HTH

Business Address: 5401 Hangar Court, Tampa, FL 33634

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 31273, Tampa, FL 33630-3303

Fax: 813-882-4605

Phone: 800-216-7017
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I wouldn't worry about the credit card not being charged just yet. Sometimes, they won't charge till the item ships. I also have some charges from Thursday that typically take a few days to show up in my account online, sometimes it's early the following week before I see them.

As for the rest of it, yikes, I hope you can get it straightened out!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I answered you last night on the other thread where you posted....suggested that you call the company and talk to a person, maybe they would be able to give you some info?
    Oops! Sorry, my CP didn't show that the thread had been updated so I thought it had gotten "buried".

We came home tonight and saw a package sitting on our porch. Neither one of us were expecting anything and it was addressed to DH. I picked it up and realized it was way too light to be the cigars and humidor, but we had no idea what it was or who it was from.

To our surprise, it WAS the cigar sampler from Thompson's! There was no humidor in the package and the packing slip indicated it was on backorder which is why my credit card had not been charged yet.

So, in the end, it all turned out great!

Last edited by kristenrice; 06-26-2010 at 12:15 AM.