Thread: An extra charge on my phone bill...AGAIN!!!

Default An extra charge on my phone bill...AGAIN!!!

OK, I feel like, here we go again!!!

Just a reminder to make sure you check your phone bills. I just had to call about a charge on my phone bill that I just discovered. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post the company that made the charges, so I won't, but just a head's up.

This is another sneaky one that you probably have to opt out of somehow along the way. They had my correct e-mail address, but I have never heard of this product or company, and it is certainly not something I knowingly signed up for. I hate the sneakiness of these companies!!!

On the up-side. They did credit my account for the 4 months of charges (although I won't see the credit for a couple of months), and cancelled the account.

Just a reminder to watch everything very carefully as you are going through offers!!
    Sunshine Rewards

You can put a block on your phone, so this doesn't happen. I don't know who your carrier is, but I know Verizon will do it for you.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I am not sure if all phone companies will do this but I had Bellsouth (AT&T) add a block to my phone that will not allow new services or third party charges without my verbal consent to BS. It certainly is worth the time it takes to call and find out and it has given me a great peace of mind that noone can add or change things without my consent.
    Sunshine Rewards

I should have put this in my original post, but I already HAVE a block on my account!! That's why this is so insidious!!! Verizon told me that even though a block is on, there is no guarantee that these things won't go through! So still be careful!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I've never had charges, BUT once while going through an offer I saw a very tiny little notice about phone charges when clicking on something that appeared to be required (but when you read the fine print it wasn't). I sent a TT about it, letting them know, and Tricia seemed to appreciate it. There's even a mention of it on the offer page now. So I bet she would like to know which offer it was (though obviously like you, I didn't think it should be put in a post).
    Sunshine Rewards

I've had it happen to me too. I have att and they were very understanding and reversed the charge and xcld. I also grrrr'd at the whole underhanded feel of it which is why I stopped doing a lot of the offers.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

I'm sorry. I'm glad you got it taken care of. I don't pay as much attention as I should to my bills since I've changed everything to paperless and pay all of our bills through the bank. I found this to be the negative side of paperless statements.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I'm sorry. I'm glad you got it taken care of. I don't pay as much attention as I should to my bills since I've changed everything to paperless and pay all of our bills through the bank. I found this to be the negative side of paperless statements.
    I agree with the paperless billing thing. I really should check all my accounts thoroughly every month...I always mean to...but then a few months go by and I finally get around to it. That is why I didn't catch this charge until it was on my bill for 4 months!

Sunshine Rewards