Thread: Shopping from my cell phone

Default Shopping from my cell phone

So I was out of town this weekend and had forgotten to renew a domain name through GoDaddy before we left. I didn't want to drag out my computer to do it though. So I took a chance that I could "shop" through SR and still get my credit. Sure enough...my credit is pending! That is great to know that it works on my cell phone! Are all shopping credits tracked the same way? So if it worked this time, it should work any time?

P.S. I have an android based phone through Verizon...the Droid HTC Incredible in case any one was wondering.

Wendy Hale
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Ask me about $50 onboard credit on all new Disney Cruise Line bookings and $25 Disney Gift Card for any Disney Resort Vacation bookings!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Affiliated with MouseEarVacations.com | Vacations By Wendy Facebook Page | Disney Travel Newsletter Sign-up
    Email me at WendyH@CrusingCo.com for no obligation quotes on Walt Disney World Vacations, Disney Cruise Line vacation, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland Resort vacations!!!

I don't see any reason that it should not work as long as the cookies are held. There are a lot of sites like ours (not reward sites, but affiliate marketers) who are working almost entirely in mobile. They use the same networks that we do to track the commissions.

I am very glad to hear this!!! Is there a way to make our SR site easier to navigate on mobile phones? It isn't possible to do surveys at this point, but the shopping links should all be valid.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

The only thing that was hard to use on my mobile, was the drop-down menus on the top main menu (the ones that use css I think). I had a hard time getting them to dropdown w/out going to the main link. Like if i tried to "hover" over Member Zone, it would go to the Main member zone page, before I got a chance to click on "account history". So I had to make sure I was on a page that had the "sub-menu" links on the bottom of the page. That just might be me and my fingers though and I need to keep practicing

The other real drop-downs on the side for shopping merchants work great though.

Wendy Hale
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Ask me about $50 onboard credit on all new Disney Cruise Line bookings and $25 Disney Gift Card for any Disney Resort Vacation bookings!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Affiliated with MouseEarVacations.com | Vacations By Wendy Facebook Page | Disney Travel Newsletter Sign-up
    Email me at WendyH@CrusingCo.com for no obligation quotes on Walt Disney World Vacations, Disney Cruise Line vacation, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland Resort vacations!!!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I agree about the drop down menus being the only issue. I also have to go to Member Zone and check my balance and then go to the Account Balance link at the bottom of the page to check that. The drop down menu for pages on Account Balance seems to work just fine. However, I can't check the Big Board from my Blackberry unless I go to the forum and find the thread where you posted the link and the go it through there. Then it works. If there is a link on the bottom of the page for the items in the drop down menu then I could do everything on SR while I am on my Blackberry. I haven't attempted any surveys on SR through my Blackberry but I have done My Survey and Pinecone surveys through Blackberry but I have to use the Opera Mini browser to do so. Those aren't tracked through cookies though so I don't know if it makes a difference. Another thing is that the Blackberry browser won't let me do as much as the Opera Mini browser does. There are a lot of links that I can't click on in Blackberry/Sprint browser that work just fine on Opera Mini. I love being able to check SR and answer in the forum when I am not at home!!! I might have to try out the shopping thing and see how it works. I can't tell you how many times I remember that I need something when I am sitting in gymnastics bored to death. I need to figure out how to clear cookies on my phone though I guess.
    Sunshine Rewards

I talked to SG about this and he has some ideas to fix it. It may even be as easy as adding a link that says "mobile users click here" from the menu bar that would then be a list of all of the main pages that people access from their phones.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

wooohooo I love anything that makes using SR easier LOL. I can SO see me using SR while standing in Best Buy looking at products and then using my phone to purchase and do in store pick-up LOL. I can't tell you how many times I wished I could have done that.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I might just have to get me one of these phones!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES