Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pin Swap December 31 Exchange

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Default Official Pin Swap December 31 Exchange

The last pin swap was such a hit that we are going to do it again. Drawing names will be held December 31st and then we will have a few weeks to get our pins together. This will be for 2 official disney pins. Lets make this one a success too. When you are ready to sign up pm me with your email address.

Thanks

Kim

Bryan made this up and I thought I would share it.

--------------The Ins and Out of the SR Pin Swap!

Step 1: PM kimtrent to get the Elfster invite
    Step 2: Click the link on the Elfster invite to setup an elfster account (free) and join the swap.
    Step 3: Update your Elfster account with your mailing address ( you do want your pins right!).
    Step 4: Tell Others to Join, Optional but the more we have, the more fun!
    Step 5: Draw Day! Dec. 31. This is when you find out who you will be sending 2 Real Disney Pins too.
    Step 6: Ask the person you drew an anonoymos question like what pins do they collect/like, This can help you in selecting which pins you would like to send, but remember its you choice what you send!
    Step 7: Reply to any questions you get!
    Step 8: Mail your 2 Real Disney Pins by the Excange Date (Jan 15th) and no latter!
    Step 9: Wait to see what pins you get in the mail!
    Step 10: Enjoy the Pins and sign-up for the nest SR pin Swap!
    ---------------
    Last edited by kimntrent; 11-08-2007 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Updated info

I'm in!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I'm in too
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm In again That was so fun! WOOT!

Do we have a list of who got who from the last one...
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

I am definately in again....

Sunshine Rewards

When's the last day to sign up? I might do this, just for the fun of it.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I would like to join if y'all are okay with mailing up here. It shouldn't be more than 1.60 to ship.
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I would love to have some Canadians involved in this. There are disney fans everywhere.

The last day to sign up is the same day as the drawing so December 31st. You have a great amount of time to get some pins together. I think everyone can vouch for it being a lot of fun.

I will start off by saying Brian was my secret santa and he did a great job with two hidden mickey pins.

Thank you

Kim

I would love to participate. But, I am a complete novice at pin trading. I only have a few pins and none that I would be willing to trade Anyway, can someone recommend a website or ebay merchant that sells quality pins.

I know there are some pins that are considered "cheaper" quality than others. For you experts, what are the preferred brands and the brands to avoid? What other tips or pointers can you give a newbie? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
    I would love to participate. But, I am a complete novice at pin trading. I only have a few pins and none that I would be willing to trade Anyway, can someone recommend a website or ebay merchant that sells quality pins.

I know there are some pins that are considered "cheaper" quality than others. For you experts, what are the preferred brands and the brands to avoid? What other tips or pointers can you give a newbie? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    The best way to ensure you have a tradeable official Disney pin is to buy them at WDW or DL... Or DisneyShopping.com.

Now you can buy on ebay and the pins to avoid are europins, propins, Sedesma. Their are alot of fake/unauthorized/counterfeit pins on ebay.

Now i am not saying this to scare you away from ebay, as even i have bought pins from ebay, but it usually involves some homework to try and make sure your getting real pins..

I hope this has helped.

and if you just getting started look for the semi-annual pin sale or good discount codes from disneyshopping and you can get pins for a far price to trade or even collect... and you can order by mail from wdw, but the shipping can kill you....
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.