Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: personal info

Quote Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'smom View Post
    Just a guess, but I think it is Surveyhead. And here's why:

I use the same e-mail address for GF, the SM survey, and SH. I use that same e-mail for e-mails from SR and most of my shopping. I use a different e-mail for AMP and for the rare freebie. I don't think SSI or MV have ever asked me my e-mail address to complete a survey.

I've been an SR member for over 3 years. During that time, my main e-mail address has received very little spam (the AMP/freebie one gets tons, but I think that is the freebies rather than AMP). Over the past couple of months, the spam in my e-mail has increased a lot - I am getting e-mails for Yoshiblade, Smoking Relief (or something like that), Elizabeth Jackson (work at home or something?). When I look at the e-mail address, I get bursts from different domains - I'll block those domains and new ones will pop up. I get similar offers from each domain like the address was sold to a distributor who uses a certain domain for several different offers. I might block the domain, but then I get the same e-mails under a slightly different domain.

Looking back through my history, I don't see any new merchants that I might have used for that address, but I do see the SH surveys starting. It could very well be something else (maybe a newsletter I signed up for or something), but it does seem to go in spurts as I complete surveys. I'm tempted to either stop SH surveys for a week or so or change the e-mail to my other e-mail address to see if the same spam starts showing up there.

SH may be completely innocent, but it is a strange coincidence. I don't really know enough about how addresses are sold to know for sure. But I don't think I have seen more e-mails for products I evaluated - I think it is just generic spam.
    exactly the same thing is happening to me! glad I am not alone but not glad to keep getting junkmail, and as a matter of fact, not only in my sr emails, but junkmail in my real, bonafide email addy that I use to email to friends and family, not the ones I use for here.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    exactly the same thing is happening to me! glad I am not alone but not glad to keep getting junkmail, and as a matter of fact, not only in my sr emails, but junkmail in my real, bonafide email addy that I use to email to friends and family, not the ones I use for here.
    Then maybe it is not one of the survey companies after all - maybe it is just an unfortunate case of spammers breaking through the filters.

I had another strange thing happen. I took an Amp at shortly before 3 and it credited right after 3. It asked about home security companies I might consider. I said ADT. I checked my email just now and have an email from a company that says its a better value than ADT. It says I am receiving this because I became a member of SQ 10k Quaterly program on 5-13-2010. I have no idea what this is and thought it was strange that I had just taken a survey on this. I only have one email for everything and check it every hour which is probably why I catch this stuff. I just thought I would pass this along. It says its from alerts @ rewardsupdate . com. Do you know who this is? Thanks for any input.