Thread: Emailed Disney Gift Card?

Question Emailed Disney Gift Card?

I am sure this has been asked, but how does the emailed gift card work?
    I need to put our deposit down for our Disney cruise and if it is immediate receipt that would work great! Do they just email you the numbers from the back of the card? Has anyone had any trouble/experience with this?

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydunmein View Post
    I am sure this has been asked, but how does the emailed gift card work?
    I need to put our deposit down for our Disney cruise and if it is immediate receipt that would work great! Do they just email you the numbers from the back of the card? Has anyone had any trouble/experience with this?
    I have done this before. Tricia still has to get the Disney Giftcard, so it is not instantaneous. Yes, she e-mails the card number on the back to you, and you can use that number to make Disney ressies or pay on them. The only downside might be if you cancel your trip, your deposit is credited back to any Disney giftcard you use. You need to be sure you keep this number as well as any giftcards you use just in case. Also, from my limited experience, I think the emailed giftcards are only good for ressies. I don't think you can use them in the parks in person. If I'm mistaken, I hope someone will jump in and clarify.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I don't have any experience with them, but if you watch this thread, Tricia updates when she sends them out. I think that includes the emailed ones.

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...ad.php?t=38198
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I have used them before. They are not instantaneous. They take about the same amount of time as the regular ones because like she said Tricia has to still go to the store and purchase the cards. It saves you the postage and the time it takes for you to have the cards mailed so it saves about a week I guess. If you know you are taking this cruise and not cancelling then I say go for it. I used mine as a deposit for a trip and then had to cancel. Well I needed to use it for something else and didn't have the actual card so I had to use it to buy Disney park tickets for a different trip I had already paid for. It worked out fine but I would only do this again if I were sure I was taking the trip and not cancelling.
    Sunshine Rewards