Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!!!!!ALERT!!!!!!! AquaDots RECALL!!!!!!!!!!!SCARY!!!!!

Default For those who bought Aqua Dots

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...f-8ffb2bd67ca4

I know this is Canada but I would imagine the US stores will be pulling them soon as well.
    I'm beginning to wonder what is safe to get my kids for Christmas this year!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ugh this is getting riduculous. Is anything safe anymore? I swear if I have kids they will be getting sock puppets and nothing else.
    Sunshine Rewards

WOW! That is just crazy. Why in the world would a toy be covered with the chemical equilivent of GHB! Those poor children. I am so glad I held off on buying those things. My Katie is going through another stage of Lets see what it taste like!
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

It really is unreal isn't it? I had just given this as a suggestion to my sister for my kids for Christmas. I sent her an email right away so she doesn't buy them.

I went on the Toys R Us website and they don't have them listed under their recall page but I saw a bunch of Elite Ops stuff that my boys have that have been recalled for lead paint. I didn't even know about that recall and I've been in the store 3x this week. They really don't do a very good job of getting the word out.

GOOD LORD...these recalls could be a full time job to keep up with!!

ACK! My girls have a boat load of Aqua Dots. Boy this is getting REALLY old.

Thanks for the heads up OP!!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by jl8595 View Post
    ACK! My girls have a boat load of Aqua Dots. Boy this is getting REALLY old.

Thanks for the heads up OP!!
    I don't think I would worry too much about it just yet.

When I read the original article this morning regarding Australia they said that in order for the reaction to occur the beads would have to be eaten in a large quanity. It's when the beads metabolize inside of the body that a problem occurs.

My kids don't usually eat their toys and I certainly would never have thought of giving aqua dots to children under the age of 3.

Hope that doesn't sound mean or sarcastic, just trying to be realistic about these things. It is a good reason to cross it off the Christmas lists in my opinion, in addition to not wanting those things ending up all over the house!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post

When I read the original article this morning regarding Australia they said that in order for the reaction to occur the beads would have to be eaten in a large quanity. It's when the beads metabolize inside of the body that a problem occurs.

My kids don't usually eat their toys and I certainly would never have thought of giving aqua dots to children under the age of 3.

Hope that doesn't sound mean or sarcastic, just trying to be realistic about these things. It is a good reason to cross it off the Christmas lists in my opinion, in addition to not wanting those things ending up all over the house!!
    You're lucky, my boys are 8 and 6 and I can't keep them to keep toys out of their mouths! We had to throw away their magnetics because they just couldn't resist even when we told them the dangers.

Thanks love my boys, I was thinking the same thing but didn't know if it was just me not having children (tho I'm pretty sure YoungerNephew8 won't be sticking his in his mouth). I'm holding off until there's an official recall.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Thanks for the reassurance Carrie!! Fortunately, my girls do not put toys in their mouths anymore either, so I won't panic...but it will make me think twice about buying more. My littlest one is crazy enough...she certainly doesn't need a boost from GHB!!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member