Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!!!!!ALERT!!!!!!! AquaDots RECALL!!!!!!!!!!!SCARY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jl8595 View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance Carrie!! Fortunately, my girls do not put toys in their mouths anymore either, so I won't panic...but it will make me think twice about buying more. My littlest one is crazy enough...she certainly doesn't need a boost from GHB!!
    I think that's the hardest thing is when you have older kids and then the little ones get in their room and get into stuff!

I really have to think that is what happened in the cases in Australia with the little ones under the age of 2, I can't honestly believe that anyone would give those things to kids that little when they are recommended for 6 and up.

But then it makes me wonder what the deal was with the 10 year old?

I do agree with all of you guys though that I am so TIRED of a new toy or food recall every week!!

Makes me want to go back to making all of our own food and giving my kids whittled cars!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok I'll pipe up in defense of the 10 year old. I know I was one of those problem kiddos even when I got a little older (7-9) I was still chewing on my barbie's shoes. Not sure why I had to chew them up to nothing at that age but I did.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Here is a different issue...LOL...my 3 year old shoves everything up his NOSE!!!! I can see those little dots as being very inviting for him. Luckily they would be easy enough to get out (not like the red bean or the button or the cheerio) unluckily I bet they would get in his system much quicker through the nose
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Here is a different issue...LOL...my 3 year old shoves everything up his NOSE!!!! I can see those little dots as being very inviting for him. Luckily they would be easy enough to get out (not like the red bean or the button or the cheerio) unluckily I bet they would get in his system much quicker through the nose
    Kinda like a pea shooter...nose style!! LOL!!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Default !!!!!!!ALERT!!!!!!! AquaDots RECALL!!!!!!!!!!!SCARY!!!!!

I don't know where this should be posted .feel free to move it to where it should be

I just saw on World News Tonight with Charles Gibson that they say Aqua Dots are dangerous and should be taken away from your kids. Kids are getting ill from the coating that has a chemical found in the date rape drug. China switched from a safe glue to a toxic glue Sold in April and Nov of this year Kids are having siezure's going into comma and stop breathing

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by memanana View Post
    I don't know where this should be posted .feel free to move it to where it should be

I just saw on World News Tonight with Charles Gibson that they say Aqua Dots are dangerous and should be taken away from your kids. Kids are getting ill from the coating that has a chemical found in the date rape drug. China switched from a safe glue to a toxic glue Sold in April and Nov of this year Kids are having siezure's going into comma and stop breathing
    Wow thanks for the heads up, I was going to watch the show, and walked away and ended up here instead. I'll have to find it on the net and listen to it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Ok, info isn't even on Spinmaster's "recall" site.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Ok I'll pipe up in defense of the 10 year old. I know I was one of those problem kiddos even when I got a little older (7-9) I was still chewing on my barbie's shoes. Not sure why I had to chew them up to nothing at that age but I did.
    LOL my best friend as a kid always had to chew on my Barbies feet...it ticked my mom off so bad she wouldn't let her near my Barbies. And my friend still brings it up to this day...LOL!!

I totally agree with other people, I am not going to not give these to my DDs I will just make sure that they know they don't go in their mouths.

It is funny, my DSM called me when I was on my way home asking about them...I let her know that they will be under our tree this year...she just laughed about how all of the druggies will not be buying the AquaDots up because they are cheaper then the drug

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Ok, info isn't even on Spinmaster's "recall" site.
    It is now. It is also at cpsc.gov. I read about it earlier on the DIS about the Australia recall and figured it was coming. I bought some for Christmas (against my better judgment), so they are going back to the store!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

It is also on CNN.com now too...

Faith
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129