Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!!!!!ALERT!!!!!!! AquaDots RECALL!!!!!!!!!!!SCARY!!!!!

I almost bought these for my boys, but my gut told me not too....this is very scary!! I saw a whole display of them at walmart tonight too...I bet they are pulled overnight.
    Michelle

Sunshine Rewards

I just wondering if all of this stuff is done intentionally, since we are enemies to everyone.
    Sunshine Rewards

UGH - what next?
    In addition to the Aqua Dots, these things were also recalled today:
    1. Northern Tool & Equipment Recalls "Big Red" Wagons Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
    2. International Sourcing Ltd. Recalls Toy Dragster and Funny Car Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
    3. Toy Cars Recalled by Dollar General Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
    4. Schylling Associates Recalls Duck Family Collectable Toy Due To Violation of Lead Paint Standard
    5. Winnie-the-Pooh Spinning Top Recalled by Schylling Associates Due To Violation of Lead Paint Standard
    6. Schylling Associates Recalls Dizzy Ducks Music Box Due To Violation of Lead Paint Standard
    7. Schylling Associates Recalls Collectable Toy Robot Due To Violation of Lead Paint Standard
    8. Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps Recalled by Carrier Due to Fire Hazard

You can got to cpsc.gov to see pics of each product.
    Last edited by Belle; 11-07-2007 at 11:09 PM.
    Shake it like a Polaroid picture! Thanks, jfrog!

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    I just emailed them today about it. I ordered mine back on 10/5 and it's showing as pending for the 15th of this month. Anyway I emailed them yesterday to say that I ordered them a month ago, my cc was charged and the bill is due but I have yet to receive them. they said they were shipping them today and sorry for the delay. I'm going to give it until Monday and if I don't see them at my door (which I really don' twant them now ANYWAY!) then I'm going to dispute the charge on my cc as never have received them.
    One thing I learned doing accounting work is the cc companies usually side with the consumer! April
    I just emailed them and asked in light of the recall if they would please cancel my order and refund my charge. We'll see. I will dispute the charge if need be. They should issue the refund if they've been recalled I would think. Thanks for your experience.

BTW, aren't you leaving for Disney on Monday??

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I just wondering if all of this stuff is done intentionally, since we are enemies to everyone.
    If you google "aquadots recall", you'll see that this isn't made here, and it was actually recalled in Australia (product called Bindeez there http://au.news.yahoo.com/071106/2/14uw3.html) before the US recalled it. So I doubt it's against "us".

Elsewhere I saw this: "It's not that someone put the drug into the beads found in Bindeez (top left.) It's just that when swallowed, the chemicals used in their manufacture turn into the drug inside the body."

Of course, now that I think about it, making something that could look like candy, and that has a purpose to stick together in a clump when around water, wasn't the BEST idea ever.

does anyone know the email address that I can email them to cancel my order. I also ordered them from the offer through SM.

Its seemes almost imposiable to by anything that is safe today! thank you for the update onthe recall!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Thanks for posting this. I'll scratch this off my list!
    .................................................. ........Sunshine Rewards
    <------Wish I Were Here!

I purchased them through the offer on SR. They billed me but I still haven't gotten them. I ordered them on 10/6.

Default Aqua Dots Danger/recall?

Hello Everyone-

I just read an article about an Aqua Dots recall and had to post here right away because I know many of you purchased this toy -- apparently when the little aqua dot beads are ingested they metabolize into something similar to the date rape drug! Causing seizures, unresponsive coma, etc. I got this info from fox news - not sure if I am allowed to link here, but it is a front page story there. Please check it out if you have this toy!! I don't know if they have recalled them yet or what they are replacing with - I read the thing so fast and came right here. I think Toys R Us is putting a 'stop sale' on them. I hope all of your littles ones are safe!!
    Jan

Sunshine Rewards