Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does a 6 year old boy like to wear?

Default What does a 6 year old boy like to wear?

okay I asked earlier this week what a 6 year old boy likes to read now I am asking what they like to wear. I was going to get something off Gymboree when I placed an order this morning but got to thinking that may be to girly. Is there brands boys like at 6? Thanks
    <Sunshine Rewards

LOL- funny what you said. I just shopped Gymboree the other day and my 6 year old had a heyday telling me what he likes and doesn't like. He liked the athletic pants and those long sleeved tops that look like two layered tops. The order came yesterday and he was QUITE proud showing off his new duds.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Hmmm...I guess it depends a lot on the boy. Here are some consistent things from my boys though:

-they like jeans or cargo pants
    -they hate sweat pants/dress pants
    -they like regular shirts better than shirts with collars
    -they like things with animals/vehicles/sports on it

I'm sure other people have boys who are totally the opposite, but that's been our experience!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

hmmm, thanks. is there brands to stay away from? That are just uncool.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    hmmm, thanks. is there brands to stay away from? That are just uncool.
    Are you trying to get me trouble??
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Are you trying to get me trouble??
    Got it! Thanks

LOL
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Hmmm...I guess it depends a lot on the boy. Here are some consistent things from my boys though:

-they like jeans or cargo pants
    -they hate sweat pants/dress pants
    -they like regular shirts better than shirts with collars
    -they like things with animals/vehicles/sports on it

I'm sure other people have boys who are totally the opposite, but that's been our experience!
    Well... my boys like ONLY sweats. They like the comfort, PLUS they are very serious about.....gym class. Of course they do wear jeans, but prefer sweats (I call them swishees - you know, the ones that make the swish, swish sound.)

They love sweatshirts and jerseys that have their favorite sports team on it, but that can get pricey. And MOST of all, my boys LOVE anything with an underarmor label. A t-shirt with one of those underamor shirts underneath (or the generic ones) would be perfect. Now my boys are older than 6, but they have consistently stayed the same since 6. (Except my oldest is starting to dress a little more nicer....err...not sweats as often!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

[QUOTE=linanglab;72229]Well... my boys like ONLY sweats. They like the comfort, PLUS they are very serious about.....gym class. Of course they do wear jeans, but prefer sweats (I call them swishees - you know, the ones that make the swish, swish sound.)

Oh my gosh that is so funny about the pants. When I first got married I said "swishy pants" to my husband and he looked at me like I was speaking a different language. He asked if I called all my clothes the noise they made. Maybe it's an Ohio phrase as that's where I'm originally from

OP--I have a six year old boy and he's into graphic cotton shirts. They can have just about anything on them as long as it's not Elmo or something like that. He's skinny so he's not a fan of the swishees . They don't stay up on him. If you're looking for pants I would say make sure they have the adjustable waist band to make them more comfortable.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

My DS8 has always been in favor of the swishy's! lol But he's also serious about gym and very athletically inclined. He also likes anything with sports like football, basketball on his shirts. Kohls has the And One line.
    I get most of his stuff from Kohls or Sears. He would prefer to wear long sleeve tshirts and swishy pants, but at 6 he was letting me pick out his clothes everyday for school and that usually was jeans and a nice sweater/shirt.
    Sunshine Rewards

That is so funny about the swishy pants. My 17 yr old loves those pants. And I HATE that noise. Especially about midnight when he makes another run to the fridge!

I would have to agree, they love the graphic tees. And adjustable pants are a must! Good luck! It is always hard to shop for other peoples children!!
    LydiaSunshine Rewards