Thread: Spam folder is full - is this normal?

Default Spam folder is full - is this normal?

Hello,

I am fairly new. Been doing SR for a few weeks. I joined because of the great reviews on Disboards. I am interested in earning Disney Gift Cards like many of you. However, what I am also concerned about privacy, etc. Since I joined my SPAM folder has been loaded with loads of unsolicited stuff. Yes, I am glad it is going into SPAM. I am just stressed that so many people have my email address now--more than I gave out on SR.

I would appreciate any advice or input on how to deal with this issue.

Thanks!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I use my regular email address for shopping and stuff like that but when doing the offers, I suggest you open up a free gmail/hotmail account for this.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    Hello,

I am fairly new. Been doing SR for a few weeks. I joined because of the great reviews on Disboards. I am interested in earning Disney Gift Cards like many of you. However, what I am also concerned about privacy, etc. Since I joined my SPAM folder has been loaded with loads of unsolicited stuff. Yes, I am glad it is going into SPAM. I am just stressed that so many people have my email address now--more than I gave out on SR.

I would appreciate any advice or input on how to deal with this issue.

Thanks!
    unfortunately, it is a little bit normal. Most of us have an email account specifically for our rewards surveys and such. You need to be very diligent when you are doing freebies and surveys to read allllllll the fine print. frequently there will be little boxes asking you if you would like to receive email from other businesses. I don't want to scare you off doing these freebies, just make sure you uncheck those boxes. Once you leave one checked, the email can go on a list to be bought by anyone.
    If you get another email that you use solely for rewards, you won't have to worry, I like gmail as they have a great spam filter that learns as it goes.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

If we need to because of too much spam, can we open a new e-mail account and use it for SR without messing anything up? I know there would be a new log in?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    If we need to because of too much spam, can we open a new e-mail account and use it for SR without messing anything up? I know there would be a new log in?
    Thanks.
    The emails are coming from the freebie offers we do, not from Sunshine. So you would want to keep the Sunshine account the same, but if you do freebies, just use a different email address for those. That way the extra emails (I have a hard time calling them spam, since the freebies are, basically, "I give you my info to play with, and you give me 50 cents" (or however much)) go to an email address other than the main one you use.

OP, I came here thanks to mentions there as well.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help with my concern. I will open another email account as suggested. I feel much more relaxed about this now. This is a wonderful opportunity when approached correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    Thanks.
    You do not need to use the same email address on offers that you used when you signed up with us. We track by your member number. You can always change your email address with us, too, if you want. Just remember to log in with the new email address.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks for the clarification