Thread: On the fly recipes

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default On the fly recipes

I love making recipes out of a cookbook but sometimes it just gets to hectic to follow a recipe especially when it comes to whipping together something for lunch. So I thought I'd throw this thread out there and see what others come up with "on the fly"

This morning Mike informed me that the bread was bad so we were trying to think about what to do for lunch. I didn't want dinner left overs because we are eating that obviously for dinner. So he made a ham and cheese wrap and I made 2 Mediterranean wraps which were ~ 6 pts in total.

Ingredients:
    2 La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas (small size)
    2 oz shredded chicken
    2 Tbsp Hummus
    cucumber - I used a veggie slicer to make thin strips
    tomato
    carrots

I forgot the cheese but oh well.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I also did an on the fly recipe for breakfast today. I'm sure others have done this but it was the first time I did it.

Ingredients:
    yoplait fat free yogurt - fruit flavor
    4 oz chopped strawberries
    2 oz raspberries
    2 oz blueberries
    1/3 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch

Get a tall glass and do a layer of berries, kashi, then yogurt. Repeat. The WW recipe builder gave this one 5 points per serving but I thought that was a tad high so I'm counting it at 4.
    Sunshine Rewards

My on the fly recipe for breakfast turned into my everyday breakfast!
    I buy large containers of Fage (fayeh) yogurt and bags of trader joe's frozen very cherry blend. I defrost one and use 1/4 of the yogurt and 1cup berries plus a little agave syrup. YUMMY!
    My otf lunches are usually sliced up veggies I keep on hand-peppers, cukes, cherry tomotoes, carrots-I dip in the hummus and also either have a couple turkey slices or crackers. Veggies are very filling for me and they are freebies, which is HUGE in WW.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!