Thread: 6 Ladies and 5 PTO members....what to buy?

Default 6 Ladies and 5 PTO members....what to buy?

Okay....I need to buy gifts for 6 moms that I know and 5 PTO members. That is a lot of people, and am wanting to keep it as inexpensive as possible. I was thinking somewhere between $7.00- $10.00 each. I periodically babysite for the 6 moms and the PTO members are actually my closest friends. I was trying to get SR points by shopping for them, but cannot find any stores that have something that catches my eye for that price without outrageous shipping (I LOATHE high shipping!)

So, if you are an extreme SR shopper and know all of the sales, shopping fees, etc., and you have some ideas, I would love to hear them!

If all else fails, I will just go to Walmart and get something. Not sure what, but something.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Personally, I would get a $5.00 Starbucks gift card. That would get her a coffee and a treat. Little GC's like that are so much better than another candle or lotion. JMO

Good luck
    Sunshine Rewards

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

Why don't you make them some of the Gift in a Jar type presents? There's all sorts of recipes on the internet for how to put dry ingredients together in a mason jar. Then the recipient only has to add the few wet ingredients themselves.

It's great for people who are busy and it's a thoughtful gift - and the presentation is nice - and it doesn't cost much at all.

Plus, when you're giving presents to people where you might be giving them out at the same time, etc. you can give similar gifts but they won't be exactly the same and you can still tailor them to someone's tastes (different types of cookie mixes, maybe someone gets a soup mix, etc)

HTH!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I agree with both posters above, or how about the $20 Dale and Thomas popcorn offer (it comes out to $1+ per bag) with a $5 movie rental card?
    Sunshine Rewards

How about a bag of Boca Java with a mug? You can get some cute Christmas mugs in the $$ store and the boca Java bags are $6.95 plus shipping, but you get 10% back thru SR.
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

I would go for a $10 Barnes and Noble gift card! I can ALWAYS find something to buy there, paperback, some magazines, or heck some coffee and treats in their coffee bar. At my B and N, you can even get a slice of Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake or starbucks with a BN gift card! I bet the shipping will be free for a gift card, too, and there is cash back on these right now.
    Last edited by Alice28; 11-08-2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: typing error
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    I would go for a $10 Barnes and Noble gift card! I can ALWAYS find something to buy there, paperback, some magazines, or heck some coffee and treats in their coffee bar. At my starbucks, you can even get a slice of Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake with a BN gift card! I bet the shipping will be free for a gift card, too, and there is cash back on these right now.
    The shipping is 95 cents unless you buy more than $200 in gc, then it is free. I was going to suggest B & N as well.

I don't know if you decided on this yet or not but Bath and Body Works has their Wallflowers for $5 right now. I thought they were one of the merchants on here but I couldn't find them when I ordered today.

It might be nice to give one of these and a nice chocolate bar or something. Just an idea.
    Last edited by dreamer13079; 11-21-2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted coupon code with it
    (4) (3) (2)
    Us: "Where do you guys want to go for dinner tonight?"
    Kids: "Disney World"
    Sunshine Rewards