Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Oil Recs?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Fish Oil Recs?

My doctor recommended adding fish oil to my supplement/vitamin list. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good one that doesn't cause you to smell like a fish or taste fish when you take it or burp?
    Sunshine Rewards

I dont have the brand in mind but Target sells one that says fish burp free or something along those lines and it worked for my DH when he was taking it.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thank you! I can't believe how many different kinds there are out there. Salmon oil, fish oil, krill oil, calimari oil, etc. Then there are flavors and coatings and it is just insane.

I did learn that I should stick with just regular "fish" oil. Then to get the kind that is coated but that is about all I've figured out.
    Sunshine Rewards

yes I was told the same plain old fish oil....my husband was taking for shoulder and hip pain which in the end didnt help but supposed to be good for many things. I take it as part of my prenatal vitamins too

Have you looked at the Omega-Gel supplements at Solanova? That's one of their specialties.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I get mine through Puritan's Pride and get the coated regular fish oil. I take one capsule at night and take flaxseed oil (the plant version of omega 3) in the mornings.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

No matter what kind you decide to take be sure to look for fillers and other stuff you don't need added in.

I was taking an OTC one to help lower my cholesterol and it didn't do anything.
    I was put on Lovaza which is by prescription and that worked for me. I'm on other cholesterol lowering drugs too so the combination of all of them brought my cholesterol right down. Good cholesterol needs some work.

Do you mind me asking why the doctor suggested you take it?

My triglyceride level read out at 403 and my HDL level was considered low. So we are rerunning the test to see if those were false readings but she said I should go ahead and take it with the heart disease that runs in my family.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    My triglyceride level read out at 403 and my HDL level was considered low. So we are rerunning the test to see if those were false readings but she said I should go ahead and take it with the heart disease that runs in my family.
    That is high. Hope for your sake it is a false reading. My TRI was high and HDL was low too and the doctor put me on a statin. That helped some so they said take OTC fish oil. That actually raised my cholesterol so they put me on prescription fish oil (Lovaza) and it was like magic........my triglycerides came down.

Good luck.

I received samples today from a company called Nordic Naturals. The ones they sent me tasted like lemon and strawberry. I'm not sure how good they work, but they definitely didn't taste or smell like fish so that was good.