Thread: Back to School Shopping - Whatcha buy and where from?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Back to School Shopping - Whatcha buy and where from?

With all of the increased cash back, someone besides me is bound to be shopping So fess up. Who is buying what and from which merchant. Any really really good deals?

Tonight I bought these shoes from Shoebuy. After my disappointment in DSW (they cannot convert European shoes correctly), I needed to find a replacement pair of shoes just because.

I had a Coke Rewards gc for $15 and got the normal 10% member discount
    Sunshine Rewards

Nice! I had no idea Coke Rewards offered Shoebuy gc's. I'm going to have to crack down and enter all mine this week AND raid my parents pop stash. They go thru a ton of Coke and my pop of choice is Cherry Coke.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I also spent at Shoebuy but not really for back to school. I got lucky and my kids didn't need much this year because I WAY overbought in uniforms last year. That just means I get to spend the money on ME!! I got a subscription to Bookswim. I got some shoes at shoebuy. I got an upgraded wiifit plus at best buy. I got a new sewing machine at walmart. I think that's it. I did it for the good of the country! I swear I was just trying to stimulate the economy! Oh and I also did for the good of SR. I needed to stimulate their earnings. Oh and I did for my kids because I needed some more earnings to cash out for the bigger disney gift card for our october trip. Yeah, martyr I am...
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the tip on the Shoebuy gift card from mycokerewards! I'm going to have DS get me one since he is in charge of that

We've been shopping fools at our house...

• an HP mini from QVC for DS' birthday and early Christmas gift
    • DS bought himself a Playstation 3 from Amazon and a game he'd been saving for from Gamestop
    • DD bought herself the iPod touch she'd been saving for from Apple
    • I ordered some school clothes for both kids from American Eagle
    • a light blue pair of chuck taylors for DD from Shoebuy
    • and I finally treated myself and ordered a Keurig from QVC -- still waiting
      for this to come in and I can't wait!
    Last edited by 3dog2kidmom; 08-05-2010 at 11:46 AM.

I bought the girls a bunch of clothes at Kohls because I had $200 in gift cards from my Amex. Yea me! Jillian got a pair of Converse One Star's from Target. I did a lot of shopping around for those. I need to place an order from Kmart for the new Selena Gomez clothing line. I know I swore off Kmart and don't usually buy clothes there, but Jillian just adores Selena Gomez.

I'm joining Bookswim because I *hope* to have more time to read when the kids go back to school. Crossing my fingers on that one!!

Cassie still needs some Twinkle Toes Skechers, so I am price comparing on those as we speak.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yup it is a limited time cashout option. The only problem (and it is small) is that you can't stack the Coke Reward gift card with any of the Shoebuy promo codes. But in my case I did better using the gift card than the 15% off by a few dollars.
    Sunshine Rewards

My not back to school purchase was a 73" Mitsu tv from Dell. Its being delivered today and then the set up guy comes tomorrow. Pretty excited. Netflix here I come.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

My back-to-school purchase was small, but I am excited about it nonethless as it is from the Disney Store and really cute! My DD is headed back to college this month, so I have decided to put together a little back-to-school care package for her. Among other things, I want to include a coffee mug, and what better way to start her day than with a "Mornings Aren't Pretty" Minnie Mouse mug! It is pink and black, really adorable, with Minnie looking like she has pulled an all-nighter. I think DD will like it too.

Then for myself I ordered the "Every Tree Has Character" reusable shopping tote. I saw it while we were at Animal Kingdom last May and loved it...planned on going back to get it but never did. So I was pleased to see it available online.

No back to school for anyone in this household, but I thought I would contribute to the economy anyway.

I bought red shoes and a bag from Shoebuy. I've been looking for a back pack. I really need to see them in person.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

i got some awesome teva mush flip-flops from sierra trading post on sale and DD starts school monday, august 9, 2010, so we'll see what else we need in a few days.