Thread: More Merchant Reviews?

Default More Merchant Reviews?

With the holidays coming up, we want to really make sure that we have a lot of feedback on each of our merchant pages. What do you think about us moving the reviews to within Sunshine Rewards instead of bringing people back into the forum? What would make you more likely to leave feedback for a merchant after a purchase?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I think sometimes I just plain forget to go back in and review a merchant after I get the product. I know that some merchants send e-mails after a purchase to ask for feedback- but not sure that is feasible from SR's standpoint with so many members and different merchants.
    Maybe a pop up on the front page similar to the ones we see for the various surveys? A "have you reviewed your purchases?" kind of reminder. Or even something permanently on the front page under the shopping drop down on the sidebar to remind us and/or provide a link to review merchants. Not sure that's helpful...I'll think some more
    Sunshine Rewards

We've actually brainstormed a couple of ideas like that. One would be a monthly email with a list of the places you shopped and links to leave feedback. The other would be direct links to give feedback for each merchant in your account history.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Yeah- I think both are good ideas and would increase the merchant feedback. I thought about the way the TT system works- the merchant is there if you have clicked through them previously. A link could direct you to a merchant rating page and you could choose those merchants that you have shopped at before or something like that.

I would like the monthly e-mail idea as a reminder!
    Sunshine Rewards

Kevin got quite a bit of work done on this yesterday, so I am hoping by tomorrow we will be able to roll out phase one! It will make it so that you do not have to come to the forum to leave your reviews. Then phase two will be the way that we implement reminders.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I think the reminder is the most important part. I would gladly leave reviews wherever they are but I won't leave one until I have recieved both the product and the credits. Since this sometimes can take 2 weeks or more I always forget about the reviews. If it could remind me when the credit posts to my account I would gladly review them.
    Sunshine Rewards