Thread: Buying textbooks?

Default Buying textbooks?

I have kind of a weird question here and I'm not sure it would work without me logging in by my mother the next time I'm over there.

I have two brothers currently in college. One went to the bookstore today to get the info he needs to get his books online. The other doesn't go back till next month. I don't think my mom can join SR because I was living in their house when I started my account, but moved out two years ago.

My strange question of the day is this: Is there a link I would be able to forward to my mom where she could order the books and have me get SR credit, something similar to how the paid blogs work? I'm not sure they would go for it to begin with, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I'm not sure if this is the "easiest" way, but I know this will work.

Click on the merchant link in SR and go down to where you see "If the links or banners above do not work for you to visit XXXX.com". Right click on the merchant name that is highlighted and select properties. It should bring up a box that has a web address for the merchant. If you look at the code, you should see your member ID in there. You can copy this address and e-mail it to her. As long as she uses this link, you should receive credit for her purchase! HTH
    Sunshine Rewards

Carla is right.

And your mom can have an account. If you don't live there anymore, there isn't any problem at all with her starting her own account. You can actually refer her.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks to both of you! I'm not sure if she'd be interested at all or not, but I know there had been issues at work for other SR members, where if two in the office were members, they could not both log into the account at work. I wasn't sure if it was still an issue in my case, but it's nice to know that it's not.

Sunshine Rewards

Just a textbook FYI. All college bookstores are now required by law to have ISBN numbers listed on their websites. Makes checking the other sites easier.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the "easiest" way, but I know this will work.

Click on the merchant link in SR and go down to where you see "If the links or banners above do not work for you to visit XXXX.com". Right click on the merchant name that is highlighted and select properties. It should bring up a box that has a web address for the merchant. If you look at the code, you should see your member ID in there. You can copy this address and e-mail it to her. As long as she uses this link, you should receive credit for her purchase! HTH
    Wow, what a smart cookie you are! This is good information to have, I could have used this the other day to sent to my SIL to order something with her own credit card instead of mine.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I asked my mom if she was interested and all I got was "dunno!" Just finished emailing her links for the following:

Abebooks
    Barnes & Noble
    Borders
    eBay
    eCampus
    half.com
    Textbooks.com

Are there any others I should have included? I also sent to my other brother who's been ordering his books online for a while now. I sent pretty much everything since brother#1 didn't respond to my message asking where he usually orders from yet.

Sunshine Rewards

One other interesting one is Chegg.com. I think theirs are actually textbook rentals.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs