Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freaky Friday Contest

Default Freaky Friday Contest

It's Friday the 13th! 13 is actually one of my lucky numbers, so I always love Friday the 13th. (although the movie is not one of my favorites) I thought that we would have a little fun today with a Friday the 13th theme. Have you ever had something happen to you that just chilled you to the bone? Maybe a coincidence that just seemed to be too much? A "haunted" feeling that you couldn't explain? Post your stories here (enter as many times as you want!) and Cindy and I will pick a few winners. We're headed to NYC for a conference this weekend and will pick out some special gifts from our merchants just for YOU!!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

We lived in a haunted house when I was in law school. My husband's grandparents had both died in the house. It was an older house, and the only way you could lock the front door was to physically put the key in the lock and turn it. One day, I had a partylite party, and was helping the consultant take her stuff out to her car. When I went to come back in, I had been locked out. My husband was upstairs asleep in bed. My keys had been on the kitchen table, about 20 feet from the door. Guess Grandma and Grandpa thought I needed to be out in the cold! They also used to move an angel figurine we had on top of the tv stand. It would be facing out, and then be completely turned around. Our only consolation is knowing they were "friendly" ghosts!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I was in London with my mom and sister many years ago and we were walking thru one of the many squares and it was very crowded. It was the only time I've been in a crowd that I was truly scared and thought that something bad was going to happen. Nothing happened but I still remember that feeling of impending doom after 14 years!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

When I was in college I worked at the Mickey D's behind our dorms to pay may bills. My shift was from 8 pm to 3 am. One weekend when I was not at work, our store was robbed at gunpoint at 3 am. The gunmen made everyone get on the floor and locked the manager in the safe. The next night I had to work and everyone was talking about the robbery and how scared everyone was, and who would have done what differently. The evening was tense but went ok, as we were closing up and the manager was heading to lock the doors when two guys dressed in dark clothes appeared at the entrance and someone screamed, "Oh, God, they are back!!" I almost died trying to figure out if I should dive under the counter or run for the back entrance. My heart was in my throat and I thought "this is it I am going to die" In the next minute the manager announced, "Oh, it's not them it's the detectives investigating the robbery!" It's a feeling I have not forgotten to this day!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

My lucky number is also #13, it actually is the day I was born but not a Friday, I was born on Saturday the 13th, missed it by a year...being born on the 13th, is that freaky enough? Actually, I always see my birthdate on a digital clock (10:13), I mean all the time, now this is freaky and I've been told that it means someone that has died is trying to contact you?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I work in an office with a ghost. No one has ever seen him but many have heard him. It can be creepy when you know you are alone and can hear shuffling paper and footsteps. Our theory is that someone who worked in the building when it was first built is still here working away. Rather depressing actually. A sample of a "hearing": there is a one person bathroom near the reception desk for the building. Near the end of the day many people on the floor are trying to use it. One day just as two people came to the reception desk, they all heard the door of the bathroom close and the lock engage. They stood at the desk chatting and waiting for the person to come out. After about 10 minutes they got impatient and knocked on the door. No one answered and when they tried the handle the door was unlocked. They were all totally creeped out!
    Sunshine Rewards

On January 30 (I can't remember the year), I went to bed and had a dream that I witnessed a "national disaster". I woke up, unable to remember anything specific about the "disaster" other than that it impacted the entire country. The only thing from the dream that stuck in my mind was the phrase "Remember 201", which was written in the sky in my dream.

I told my husband that I thought something bad was about to happen on a national level and of course he laughed at me. Well, the next day, the space shuttle crashed on re-entry, killing everyone on board. The date was 2-01...

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    My lucky number is also #13, it actually is the day I was born but not a Friday, I was born on Saturday the 13th, missed it by a year...being born on the 13th, is that freaky enough? Actually, I always see my birthdate on a digital clock (10:13), I mean all the time, now this is freaky and I've been told that it means someone that has died is trying to contact you?
    For years I would always see 10:20 on the clock. It seemed like every time I looked at it, the time was 10:20. My father is a clockmaker, so we had alot of clocks. Years later, when my 2nd son was born they said " it's a boy born at 10:20am. I said "are you kidding? at 10:20? Most parents are more concerned with the sex of the baby. After he was born it all stopped. I see all times now! I had never heard that someone who has died was trying to contact me. It's kind of freaky though!

When I had given bith to my DD the nurse was taking her over to the exam table and I asked if she had a birthmark. The nurse looked right at me with a strange look. My Dh walked over to look at DD and said that she does. She had a large portwine birthmark on the side of face.

My middle DS was traumatized after a car accident. He was about 7 years old. About 7 months later, we came out of Chuck E. Cheese and he says I don't want to be in a car accident. We are all standing on the sidewalk and I just gave him the brush off, "We're all fine. There's no car accident here." He rode with his grandparents and they were in a fender bender in the parking lot. Now whenever, he is worried about something, I take him much more seriously.
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards