Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Family August Disney Trip

Default Smith Family August Disney Trip

Here is my trip report! We were in Disney August 3 - 11. This was my 2nd trip to Disney as a single mom. And let me tell you, it still feels so wonderful doing all the things yourself - airline parking, finding your plane, finding ME, checking in, finding busses, etc. I felt sooo accomplished! LOL We stayed at All Star Movies, which we really enjoyed. The resort was not as busy as I thought it would be, especially since Toy Story 3 just came out. We were on the quick service dining plan which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I love not worrying about money, and we are fed EXTREMELY well. My kids loved that they had 2 snacks every day, which we had quite a few left over at the end of the trip in which we got rice krispy treats with. It was a great trip, as always.

We took off at 11:30 in Detroit on Airtran. The flight was a little late, but was a decent flight.

Here we are waiting impatiently for the plane!

Finally, about 1/2 hour late, we take off. Disney, here we come!!!!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

We found ME very quickly and loved not having to get our bags. We got to our resort about 45 minutes later (stopped at Coronado Springs, and the other All Stars first). Check in was very easy, especially since I checked in online a week before arrival. They handed me my packet, room keys and off we went! Our room was ready - it was about 3:00 by that time. The original plan was to swim a bit and then eat dinner, then head to Epcot. But the boys forgot to pack their trunks in their carryons, so we went to Epcot right away.

Our first stop was the Nemo ride. We love the birds "mine, mine, mine".... After my kids saying that over and over again, we boarded the ride....

We then decided to ride the living with the land ride. Have to admit..that as silly as it may seem, it really is one of my favorites. It's one of those rides that make me smile because I KNOW I am at Disney....

Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

I can't wait to hear more!

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Oh Angela I can't wait to read more - we haven't been to Disney since December of 2009 and I am so ready for a trip but DH wants to wait until May/June of 2011. Atleast I can get my Disney fix from reading about your trip.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Our belly's were getting hungry and we wanted to go back and swim. So we rode Spaceship Earth before heading back to our resort.

Disney is our happy place and me and the kids act quite goofy. Bethany wanted to take a picture of me (she ALWAYS wanted to take pictures...ugh). So I decided to give her my sexy look.... Well....after seeing the picture, I realize that I absolutely have NO sexy look.... more like a goofy look...LOL

We then headed to our rooms, went to bed at a decent time so we could go to early EMH at AK the next day!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Can't wait to read more

I always love your trip reports!! Hard to believe how grow up your kids are getting! Can't wait to read more!
    Sunshine Rewards

Yay!!! Thanks Angela for putting together a trip report! Glad your family had such a wonderful time!``
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

I can't believe how big your kids are!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

My kids are definitley growing fast! Linden will be 16 in December!!! He got his temps a couple months ago...yikes! Austin is 13 and Bethany is now 10... I miss when they were little. But they are fun at all ages. Different experiences. It is exciting watching them grow up!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards